Chad Moir - Gravelbourg, Saskatchewan, CA (former owner)

Faulkner

Chad Moir - Gravelbourg, Saskatchewan, CA (former owner)

Post by Faulkner »

8.jpg

Chad is a Lutheran Pastor, and formerly operated an auto body shop in Jansen, Saskatchewan. "I had been searching for a Sport Fury around 12 years", Chad writes, "before I came across this one, in a bush near the Canadian / U.S. border. It had been there since the mid-70's, and needed considerable attention (as you might imagine). I have owned it since 1999 and have done all the work myself - less chrome, brakes, and heads. I've included pictures from its previous restoration, while it was still complete, as well as a picture of its new 413, and a couple of the partially completed interior. I've sent 2 also of its new paint job which I completed 2 weeks ago. Much of the stainless will be this winter's project, and the chrome I hope to get back in another 3 weeks."

Then, this from Chad:

"Its been great to have access to a site with other enthusiasts, particularly with regard the the vast knowledge and helpful advice left in the forum. Anyway, my Sport Fury is one step closer to completion and I thought I'd send an update photo [above]. The last time I sent pictures (last fall) it was largely in pieces, here is where she is today."

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Back in 2008, I got this email from Chad. We've got to track down Paul Thiessen! -Dan
Hi Dan,

Yep, I had a great time with the car over the past 8 years or so, and it was time to let it go. It was hard, but its in good hands with my friend Pete Thiessen from Osler, Saskatchewan. I'm not sure if he has email though, all my conversations are via phone. Pete owns a small car dealership called vintage autos. He is a huge fin guy. Thanks for website, and all the helpful info and parts I was able to utilize as I build up the fury. I'll continue to enjoy popping in to see the beautful plymouths from around the globe.

Chad
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"