Frank Lamp - Fort Myers, FL, USA

Faulkner

Frank Lamp - Fort Myers, FL, USA

Post by Faulkner »

It's a lucky man, indeed, who owns a '59 Sport Fury. How much more lucky can you be, than to own two!

100_0162.jpg
Frank writes, "My name is Frank Lamp & my wife is named Sue. We came from Davison, Michigan to Fort Myers Florida. We have homes in both states. This car was restored in Michigan & brought to live in Florida. Needless to say we had to add air conditioning. Wonderful car to drive. It is smooth as glass & even faster."
3.jpg
"We very much enjoy having this car to drive here in Florida. When we found the car it had an actual mileage of 50,000 on it & lots of rust. It required 2 new front fenders & 1 new quarter panel. The rest was in real good shape."
4.jpg
"The white SF was built in Hamtramick Mi. & was purchased by someone in Goodells Mi. The name plate was blank. I found the car in Otter Lake Mi. & I believe I am the second titled owner. The car had 51,000 miles on it when I found it. It was in really bad shape. A whole bunch of rust. We got 2 new fenders from Texas, bottom half of quarter panel, new reproduced floor pans, interior was still pretty good but we had it redone anyway. In the process of restoring this car a friend that worked for Michigan OSHA stopped by & told me he knew where there was a NOS engine for this car that had never been installed in a car before, gave me a phone number to a man in St Clare, Mi. & sure enough when I went to look, there it was, brand new with the paper plugs still in all the holes. I asked the man how much he wanted & he said 4 & I said hundreds or thousands, he said hundreds. I couln't get my wallet out quick enough so the white SF has a brand new 361 engine."
1a.jpg
"The black SF was built in Los Angeles, Ca according to the name plate on the dashboard for a man named EL Berry, then purchased by a man in Ft. Myers, Fl & shipped by rail to him in Ft.Myers. For over a period of 5 years he attempted to restore the car & in the process of doing so he lost a lot of the parts & pieces. I purchased the car & transported it to Mich. where I located one just like it in a junk yard which I used for a donor for all the missing pieces."
2.jpg
"This car is a totally number matching car. No sheet metal has been changed, no chassis parts have been changed & the engine has never been re-built. The interior redone & painting was all that has ever been done to it. The front bumper was re-chromed but the back bumper is still original."
1.jpg
"The Black SF has a 361 also..."
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"