Gene Fierro - Miami, FL, USA (former owner)

Faulkner

Gene Fierro - Miami, FL, USA (former owner)

Post by Faulkner »

Judge Gene Fierro was the previous owner of Karl Karlsson's Sport Fury. Here is a history of the car while Gene had ownership. -Dan

21.jpg

Judge Gene Fierro is a sitting Trial Judge in Miami, Forida. Here's what he has to say about his car: "The Judge's 59 Plymouth Sport Fury was built at the Michigan Plant on July 24, 1959, a month after he graduated Miami Beach Senior High. Historically considered Chrysler's First Muscle Car, the Judge's was delivered to Gate City Motors in Greensboro, NC on 8/1/59. The original purchase was $3,128 and came with a factory V-8 361 CI 395 GOLDEN COMMANDO, 4bbl carb, Factory High Performance Cam Shaft generating 305 HP."

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

"The factory AC was fairly rare as were the 'bumper wings.' It's painted the factory DuPont red, has swivel seats with factory anodized thread seats and of course has 'the toilet seat.' It weighs 3,670 lbs and is 17 3/4 feet long. The Judge has themed it 'Christine' and reminds everyone that the original Christine was a 58 Belvedere with Fury trim. It recently won the 'Gold' at the MOPAR NATIONALS held in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Great car to cruise South Beach, FL but I'll let you be the 'judge of that'..."

7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG

"A little history for you - the 59 Plymouth Fury was introduced here in Miami at two locations: JORDAN MARSH DEPT. Store on their boat dock on Biscayne Bay (Moon over Miami theme) the store is now defunct. It was a high-end dept. store in the 50's through the 70's but fell to the competition. The other was at HIALEAH RACETRACK (out of business two years ago after being the country's most elegant track since the 40's- it lost it's attractive race dates to it's competitor Gulfstream Park and to politics).The sign in front of my car has the original newspaper adv. from the racetrack as a background showing a red 59 conv at the starting gate with the horses. I have the original adv. and was able to duplicate it for my sign.

The 1958 issue of HOTROD magazine tested a 1959 318 and 395 Golden Commando at the air force base in Miami (closed in the 70's). It raved about the 'muscle' - Chrysler was only too happy to use that term (Hence 'Chrysler's First Muscle Car')."

Gene and his '59 Sport Fury just won at the Ocean Reef Show in Key Largo (25 miles south of Miami). Here are some pictures from the show, as well as some other recent pix.

13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"