Octie Ham - Lake Orion, MI, USA (former owner)

Faulkner

Octie Ham - Lake Orion, MI, USA (former owner)

Post by Faulkner »

Octie Ham no longer owns this car - he sold it. But, to whom? Where is it? Let's get an update! -Dan

2.jpg

Well, we finally finished the 59 SF!!!! I am attaching the photos I took July 30, 2006. We are detailing the car to show at the Meadowbrook Concours d'Elegance August 6th. It will be the first time the car has been shown. The Golden Commando is a great powertrain and makes driving the car a real treat.

3.jpg
4.jpg

As you know, the color is the bronze metallic (copper) and I had the paint made by PPG to my original chip and to an extra gas cap cover. The interior is the swivel buckets and the upholstery material is from Original Interiors (Michigan) and it's beautiful. It is a ground up restoration of a nice Colorado car and I've updated it with an original Golden Commando from a '59 donor car. Installed a couple NOS options; the auto dimming mirror and the electronic headlight dimmer.

5.jpg
6.jpg

I have (with my two daughters) 15 old Mopars. We live in Michigan, about 10 miles North of the Chrysler Engineering Center.

I retired after 36 years from Chrysler. I had some of the best jobs in the world. Started in Transmission Engineering. Spent 18 years designing and testing transmissions, linkage, axles, torque converters, etc. From there I went to Long Range Product Planning. After 4 years there, I went back to Engineering and joined the new Liberty Team and did a World Car for MMC. From there I was part of the first Platform Team on the LH and later on the Cirus/Stratus. Closed out my career as Director of Engineering Managing the 21 Engineering Shops which builds almost all of the Corporations Prototypes. Along the way, I spent about 15 years in various capacities on the Chrysler Museum. I was part of the Steering Committee that commissioned the new Museum... Was a great ride. Now I have time to enjoy my old cars, my three grandsons, and a wonderful family. Retirement is all it's cut out to be.

1.jpg
Octie's gorgeous restoration as a Work in Progress
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"