All's Quiet on the '59 Front

Your banter here!
Faulkner

All's Quiet on the '59 Front

Post by Faulkner »

rogerh wrote:My opinion on why the website is so "quiet"...navigating the site is complicated! Same format as ForwardLook. I realise it is probably the best format...Dave Stragand says so, and you chose it as well...
Roger,

Actually, my choice had little to do with it! The discussion group is based on something called "phpBB", a bulletin board based on php, which is a server side scripting language. It's highly customizable, but all I've done is changed the logo for " '59 Forum"! I guess I could arrange things differently, but haven't had the time. Dave, on the other hand, has made extensive changes to his BB. He's head and shoulders above where I am with web design.

My own theory about why the site is quiet, has to do with the rather narrow niche we fill. I've limited it to the year 1959 (Dave's spans '55 to '61), and Plymouths only. But not just Sport Furys! I think it will work a little like nuclear fission -- we're going to need a "critical mass" of '59 Plymouth owners before it sustains a life of its own.

So beat the bushes this summer at meets and shows! This site will succeed not because of mine or anyone else's individual effort, but because as a group, we have something to contribute and share that meets the needs of '59 Plymouth owners. 500 "Attaboys" for each new member you find!!

Dan

P.S. -- let's see how this poll thing works, I never tried it!!!