Post by Faulkner »

What would Walter P. have to say... :cry:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/09/autos/f ... index.html

171023134335-dodge-challenger-demon-780x439.jpg
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
william0431

Re: "Things don't look good for Dodge and Chrysler"

Post by william0431 »

I have been fallowing this for a while, The future does look fairly bleak for Chrysler. Its hard to be competitive when all you offer is the 300 and a mini van. At least a few years ago you had some options with the Crossfire, the 200 and the Sebring to appeal to a broader market base. But those models died off due to low sales. Its not a stretch of the imagination to see that happening to Chrysler it's self. It will take some good marketing, revolutionary design and a new fleet of vehicle models to hope to save them.

Ram has done so well they became their own brand putting a serious dent in the market against the Ford F-sires. Dodge is a driving force in North America with every thing from the Daemon's down to mom van's and Jeep is one of the best buys out there, you just say Jeep and you think "off road" quality and they retain their value better than any other new car for a reason. It will be a sad day if Chrysler goes the way of Plymouth R.I.P :'(

This is just my two cents, but Chrysler needs to get back to making innovative out side the box cars. The 300 and the mini van are no different than every other cookie cutter blob shaped silver, black, white car on the road today. They generate zero excitement. They all look the same as every thing else on the road. Dodge took a hint from the past with bright colors, over the top performance and aggressive styling. Maybe Chrysler needs to read their history and do like they did in the past. Dare to be different! Space age design, over the top styling. Who knows maybe fins need to make a come back in the new car market hell idk but they gotta do something because what they are doing now just is not working....or selling.