Spring approaches

Your banter here!
Faulkner

Spring approaches

Post by Faulkner »

It's getting close to being mild enough to work out in the garage with a light jacket, but these days I'm preoccupied with replacing the rear deck. The pressured treated lumber had been flipped once before I bought the house, it has had its day. I'm replacing with a Trex-like composite, and fortunately the framing is all pressure treated and in good shape. I'm also running a drain line from the rear edge of the deck where rain pools in a downpour, up to the front of the deck. The damn groundhog has burrowed under the old concrete apron the deck is now over, and in a heavy rain his lair fills with water and gets into the basement. I'll be treating his lair with some camphor before I fill it in (again - I had loaded it with pebbles and dirt, don't you know he dug it out), he ought to like that. My goal is to finish in April, so I can get back to work on Faulkner.

IMG_5603.JPG
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Mark Merritt

Re: Spring approaches

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dan; I got into the same thing last summer. I went concrete. I pulled it out (12'x40'), had it for 25 yrs. but now it is zero upkeep. We seem to share the same problems. Mark
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

It's going to take two more weekends to finish the deck. Then, the wedding for Mary Kay's daughter; then, I visit Austin Texas where my son lives. Then, some Faulkner time - just in time for Memorial Day, the unofficial start of summer. Guess I didn't need that heater after all :shock:
IMG_5932.jpg
the main deck area is finished
IMG_5933.jpg
just this section along the side of the house to do
IMG_5931.JPG
the old man hisself
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Dan, with all that green grass looks like spring is in full effect! Your deck looks great!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Thanks Will! Spring came and went, within 24 hours - we went right from Winter to Summer. What a crazy year weather-wise! Two more weekends to finish this item on the "Honey-Do" list, then it's back to Faulkner! I can't wait...