Plumbing Distractions

Your banter here!
Faulkner

Plumbing Distractions

Post by Faulkner »

More diversions. Instead of spending the weekend in the Faulkner garage, I spent it in the basement, preparing for a major plumbing overhaul.

Every year I have a plumber come out and clear the soil pipe of roots growing into the hundred-year-old soilpipe to the street. And, the soilpipe in the basement is faring no better:

IMG_5146a.JPG

The plumber who is coming out will break up two paving blocks at the street, and pull a splitter down the old cast iron and terra cotta soil pipe to make room for a new, semi-flexible plastic line that will get pulled in behind it. No digging up the front lawn - it's "trenchless plumbing". While he's at it, he will replace the lines in the basement, but instead of running under the floor as when the house was built, he will run them along the walls to mate up to the new line to the street. That was the distraction for me - everything along the walls where new soilpipe will run, had to be moved. Only the washer and drier to move now, when he's ready to go.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I spent my weekend.

IMG_5148.JPG
IMG_5147.JPG
IMG_5150.JPG
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Re: Plumbing Distractions

Post by Faulkner »

They opened the floor where the soilpipe goes under the front porch - this is the hole into which they will pull the plastic pipe.

IMG_5166.JPG
IMG_5169.JPG
...and this is the plastic pipe they will pull, welded together, section by section, in the back yard. I should have taken a picture while it was light... Notice the splitter at the front of the pipe, with a chain welded to it.

And of course, the route to the hole in the front of the house, from the basement steps in the back of the house, will not go through the route I cleared to the left of the racks - but rather, through the route I blocked, to the right of the racks. (*sigh*...) To further complicate things, if it rains tomorrow, they will do the inside pipe before they pull the pipe to the street sewer. So I had to move everything from the right, to the left - while leaving room to pull the washer and dryer away from the wall.

IMG_5167.JPG
IMG_5168.JPG

In moving the back seat, I came across this tag in the wire frame. Mean anything to anyone?

IMG_5164.JPG
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Thats the part number tag.

I’ve got a couple here too from the old Fury
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Poor baby! Will you quit messing around and get back to the important stuff, like Faulkner.
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.