Crushing News

Your banter here!
Fins59

Crushing News

Post by Fins59 »

In my latest "Old Cars Weekly" paper dated Jan 2, 2014, an article covers a recent auction in North Dakota.

It sadly states (next to a picture of a '59 Fury Sedan)

"One of four 1959 Plymouths offered at the Lende Collection Auction in Walum , N.D., this Fury sedan received no offers, nor did its three counterparts, and all were relegated to the crusher."
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: Crushing News

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Shoot! Any chance of a last minuet reprieve? Hate having any 59's go to the crusher...

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Fins59

Post by Fins59 »

Maybe they're still with us....don't know. Think of all the good parts on those cars. I don't need any (knock on wood) but I'm sure a lot of other guys do.
I've got a 4-dr Fury parts car sitting in my "back forty" and at least while I'm able she'll never see the crusher.

I should have mentioned that auction was held Nov 2, 2013 by VanDerBrink Auctions. Article said 118 vehicles were offered (big collection).
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I dunno how to post the link to this particular auction...you can find info by Googling Lende Collection..it comes up under http://www.oldcarsweekly.com. An interesting read, Yvette VanderBrink was visibly upset at the lack of bidding.
The standing offer from the crusher on each car was $325. if you beat that, you got the car. The one Ply sedan pictured looks very good in the photo...complete.
A person might try to contact vanderBrink to learn more about who the crusher is and if they completed their 'task'...Winter has certainly arrived in North Dakota.