ephemera

Your banter here!
rogerh

ephemera

Post by rogerh »

In the ephemera section, first photo shows a sad-looking convertible in a field. does anyone remember who took that pic? was is John Fowlie?
Ron Keij

Re: ephemera

Post by Ron Keij »

Roger,

What ephemera section do you mean? There is one on the old website and one on the new website but I do not see a convertible. I did add a lot of stuff on the new ephemera section today, some audio and a lot of tech reference booklets http://www.59plymouth.net/59gallery/index.php?cat=29

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Hi Ron,
Two things gone wrong here. First, i made a mistake...I meant UFO.
Second, I guess I am slow to adapt to the NEW site. Is the address 59Plymouth.net?
Should I direct people to this rather than 59SF,net?
I need to spend some time getting used to what you are building!

On my computer screen, I have a Favorites button. This is where I find http://www.59sportfury.net. This takes me to the "old"? site where the blue ovals on the left side of the screen offer Showcase, Forum, Ephemera, Links, UFO, Chat,etc.Several of these ovals havent worked for a while.
I clicked on UFO and the first pic is of a trashed cvt.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Roger,

The address of the new website is http://www.59plymouth.net/59gallery/ For now it is an addition to the old website, we plan on transferring all the stuff on the old website to the new one. The old website will not be updated anymore, it is pretty complicated and Dan does not have enough time to keep up with it. The new website is easier to maintian and even I can do that :lol: I am responsible for adding new content and Dan does his magic with all issues I run into.

So when Dan is ready converting your DVD's with the old movie clips with you and Tom F a new page will be made on the new website under showcase.

Ron
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

I guess you mean this convertible

I don't know where the picture came from.

Ron
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Yes, that's it. I remember John Fowlie had a lead on a guy in northern CA who had a bunch of cars which were being vandalized...this may be one, but I think John F. took this pic
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

rogerh wrote:Hi Ron,
Two things gone wrong here. First, i made a mistake...I meant UFO.
Second, I guess I am slow to adapt to the NEW site. Is the address 59Plymouth.net?
Should I direct people to this rather than 59SF,net?
I need to spend some time getting used to what you are building!
Sorry for the confusion, Roger. Initially I registered the hostname 59sportfury.net; then I broadened it to 59plymouth.net. For a while, both names pointed to the same content.

However - with the addition of "Coppermine" software for the gallery that Ron is maintaining, it became necessary to stick with one name - 59plymouth.net being the obvious choice (because, as JQ will remind us, Belvy's are so rare and so special :roll: ). Now, you can't log into the forum if you reference it as 59sportfury.net.

The problem right now is that the forum and the gallery are two separate websites - I intend to unite them with a "portal" that will have other features as well. But I have to crawl before I can walk! Still learning.
rogerh wrote:
On my computer screen, I have a Favorites button. This is where I find http://www.59sportfury.net. This takes me to the "old"? site where the blue ovals on the left side of the screen offer Showcase, Forum, Ephemera, Links, UFO, Chat,etc.Several of these ovals havent worked for a while.
I clicked on UFO and the first pic is of a trashed cvt.
Yeah, the problem is that the service provider that hosts our website recently moved the content from one server to another. In the process, they inadvertently dropped a lot of the content (not the Forum, though). Thanks for pointing this out to me - I'm in the process of getting it straightened out. Eventually, though, that old front page will go away in favor of the portal. Stay tuned!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Just thinking of the poor Savoy, Fury, Suburban & Belvedere guys left out in the cold thats all.....While the SF guys get the warm bed! :lol: (though if I get a SF someday, I will want it back to the old site!) Fair Weather Forum Member.

All good fun! 8)

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
jason

Post by jason »

Is that white Cvt still available/salvagable?????
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

If it is indeed one of John fowlie's "finds", we'd have to ask/remind him about it. I think the story was the owner wanted way too much money for it.
big m

Post by big m »

The pictured car was not one of my finds, but was in the same part of New York state that mine was from. This photo was from E-bay about seven years ago, the seller's user name was Rusty New Yorker if I recall correctly. He had access to several forgotten wrecking yards in the forests of up state New York. I believe Jeff Nichols also has access to a rusty Belvedere convertible in the same area, if anyone is interested, I can contact him.

---John
In rust we trust!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

hey John,
Thanks for chiming in and clearing that up. Rusty New Yorker is not registered on eBay, but rather on ForwardLook.net. More precisely, he WAS on FL. (p. 37 of user Listing)
His last post under that username was back in 2008.
His name is Bill K. I remember now trading emails with him regarding a few of his finds. His email address is(was?)tongue tied59@hotmail.com.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Well, I learned that Bill K is still alivea nd well and posting on the HAMB. I havent figured out how to post on that site yet, but I assume that cvt is long gone...that was an OLD ad.
BHWINC

Post by BHWINC »

Stuck In The Past and,,,,,, Trying Like Hell To Stay There!

www.BHWINCVintageAutoParts.com