Bulletin #351 - Art Schlachter's Sport Fury

News related to the Plymouth Owners Club, and their most excellent publication, The Plymouth Bulletin. Learn how to subscribe and become a member here!
Faulkner

Bulletin #351 - Art Schlachter's Sport Fury

Post by Faulkner »

An excellent essay from Art Schlachter in Issue #351 of the Bulletin, where Art's Sport Fury also appeared in the Showcase on the back cover. Thanks Art!

Schlachter.pdf
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
schlaaj

Re: Art Schlachter's Sport Fury

Post by schlaaj »

Thanks for the nice comments on the article I wrote in the latest POC Bulletin. At 74 years old, my mind says I-want-to-buy-another-car but my body
is telling me NO. I noticed in this same issue of the POC ( in the "For Sale" section), is a 1959 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible in what appears to be VERY nice shape and in the same Bronze color as my 59 hardtop. Someone is wanting to close and estate and asking $20,000. (I emailed the executor of the estate and ask for more pictures - never got a response back - assumed it sold) It is opportunities like this that get my adrenaline pumping and starts a struggle between my mind and my body - should I go for it or not. If I was in my 50's (or even 60's), I would have been on an airplane to Main post-haste to go look at it. I finally decided two cars are enough. It's hell getting old and trying to age gracefully. It's like May West once said:
"He who hesitates is a damn fool."