Marks winter of "59"

Works in progress. Or, whose progress has been completed!
Mark Merritt

Re: Marks winter of "59"

Post by Mark Merritt »

Got the door panels on, turned out good. Took it for A spin. The first time in about A year and A half. Still need some touch up on the inside window frames, my paint guy is in the hospital and his shop is backing up. He also owes my another buff. Might be A while on the final details. I told him to get better!! Got my jukebox done as well,I get A kick out of it. There is alot to those things. I like to play "Little Bitty Pretty One" D9 on the selection while parked in the garage, It was played in the movie Christine. Mark
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Awwww Maaan, she's so fine.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Sweet ride, Mark! It's gonna turn heads.

D0 reminds me of that joke we would tell in High School: "If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?" :o
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Vanish

Post by Vanish »

Fantastic thread i read it from your first post you do very nice work congrats and enjoy your ride :D
Will be adding my Signature soon as soon as i quit Procrastinating .... hey wait this is my Signature! .... Job Done !! :D
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Thanks, More to come, Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
eroomas

Post by eroomas »

Looks Great Mark!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Hallo Mark! Long time no hear. How are things in the caddy-corner part of the state from Philly? Are your Yuengling timers holding up? :lol:

Hope you are well...
Dan
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Hi Dan; Not much going here, been sand bagging for A while. Put A roof on the house, and A cement patio. Going to side the house in or near September. The Plymouth has been running great.Just not as much time for it right now .Next week I am going to get my foot worked on, am getting A bone fusion on my right big toe joints. 40 years at G.E. building choo choos beat it up,no more joint. Will be off till work December. I still have A few small things to do on the Plymouth. Touch up some window trim and minor what nots. That will be this winter projects. I don't think I will be driving for A a while after my foot surgery on the 4th but it won't hurt no more!!!! Hopefully I will be retired next year. Later Mark P.S just had A timer 5 min. ago!!!!!!!
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Good timing, Mark! I read about the layoffs - bad for Erie, I guess. But it looks like you got out just in time. Good for you!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dan; Yes it was bad news but it has been coming. They built A plant in Texas/FortWorth about 5 yrs ago to build all domestic loco's now they are building A plant in India to do all the export units. Texas is going to do them all till India gets up to speed in 2019. We have been doing it for 106 yrs. I just flipped 40yrs. A month ago. We had 12,000 people at our plant when I started in 1977. We built 1,000 units in 2007 averaging 20 units in 5 days, one week we built 28 with overtime working 7 days. The most Texas ever did was 10 per week and now they think they can do very labor intense export units as well. BN'S (Burlington Northern) are easy gravy, that is all they know how to build, I could build one in my sleep. G.e. is going to mess up the transportation buisness and sell it you watch.It has always been very profitable thanks to us now they think they can stick anybody in front of it and build it. By the way people in India make $5.00 A day, I am not working for $4.00 just to keep it here. I CAN DIG WORMS AND MAKE MORE THAN THAT!!! I won't be effected because I am too close to the end but I have alot of friends I feel for. G.E. used to treat me well, but not anymore,they just try to roll a buck and don't care how to get it. Just my 2 cents. Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dan; You can delete my post if you want, I would not blame you. I may have offended someone some where.I came home pretty cranked even though it does not effect me and I will be drawing my pension next year. But after 40 years I have seen what it was, is, and will be.The next time you are sitting at A rail crossing look for the locomotive with the "roof" at the rear radiator cab and the large nose cab. Those where built in Erie for General Electric,my name is on it somewhere!!!!!!!!!! Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Matt, your rant stays!

I have a cousin - retired now, many years - who worked the yards for CSX in Goose Creek, SC. No doubt he jumped in the cab of many a locomotive you built.

I had errands to run today, but tomorrow's a Faulkner work day. I hope we get to meet in Carlisle one of these days...

Dan
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dan: I got some pics when train magazine came to G.E. and did an interview with me and my brothers and nephew. They wanted anyone that worked on it in 1980 when it was new.It was the old "U" series that preceded the Dash 7. I am in the red with the hat on. CSX bought Chesepeake and Ohio (Chessie) IN 1986,painted it in CSX colors and logo. Then last summer took it and put it back to Chessie,sent it back to where it was born,and gave it to A museum about 8 miles from where I live.Good bunch at CSX!!! They ask for current employee with 37 years or more to get in A photo shoot. I have almost 41.The big guy on the opposite end of me is my twin, we started the same day and are going to retire the same day as well.The other fellow next to me is my younger brother and the pup is my nephew, he is teaches class on diesel engines (G.E. engineer). So I got A keepsake when I leave in April 1. The photo was shot in final assembly in Bldg.#10 . Mark
IMG_5523.jpg
IMG_5509.jpg
IMG_5519.jpg
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Mark, this is way kool! So many of your clan working at GE; that's the way it was, across this country - father working alongside of son, brother... I didn't know you weren't one of a kind! Does your twin brother drive a MoPar? Please say yes!

Thanks for sharing!

Dan
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dan: I hate to say it but he is not A mopar guy. But I was wearing my "FORWARD LOOK HAT" for the pics.We are actually all that is left,my other 3 brothers and my sister and her husband have since retired. All long time service. Glad you liked it Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!