Marks winter of "59"

Works in progress. Or, whose progress has been completed!
Mark Merritt

Re: Marks winter of "59"

Post by Mark Merritt »

Back at it. I put the deck lid on,I had it for A while and got time to do it today. It came out good.Also Had the radiator re-cored it was leaking the last 3 years and was show up bad this year in storage. It was leaking in 3 places and the core was not worth saving, shop said it was getting thin and on it's way out. I had it repaired about 6 years ago he said he would do it again but no telling how long it would last. A local shop did mine Canfield Radiator. The 3 row core was made in Cleveland.Now I have A new radiator!! Also another jukebox showed up and I am working on that one. A 1952 AMI D80. It was our families old one that I found last September it was in Cinncinnati.I have not seen it in almost 30 years. It was pretty much junk but I got her playing again and am working on the slug rejector now to get it back to coin op. James and Marilyn like it and so does my shadow(my cat).I can never go out in the garage without him following me. Had 6 feet of snow last Christmas so I decided to start on that too!! Spring can not get hear soon enough!!!!!!!!!! My Plymouth has A 7 blade fan maybe because it was born in L.A. and ended up in Vegas. I don't know if that was common or not. Later Mark
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Wow!! The '59 is looking great, Mark! Any chance we'll see you at Carlisle this year?

If not - you know you gotta go in '19 for the 60th!
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

I scored A pair of bumper wing A long time ago and finally put them on. Oddly enough It appears the car had them in it's past as I can still see the vertical line that matches the wing tip perfectly next to the inboard bolts.It also had factory air and I think some past owner scabbed some parts off it, maybe all I did was buy them back. Anyhow it has them again. I thought I would do A photo shoot for Dick to let him see how the northern half lives. We got hit A couple of weeks ago pretty good but the real bad one was Christmas day. We ended up with 6ft. and are very near to A 200" seasonal snow fall. That would be A record. The white beyond the trees in the last pic is ice, still on lake Erie looking north, so spring is still A ways off. ST. Patricks Day was yesterday but I still do not see any green !!! Later Mark
IMG_0001 (1).JPG
IMG_0002 (1).JPG
IMG_0003 (1).JPG
IMG_0004 (1).JPG
IMG_0005 (1).JPG
IMG_0006 (1).JPG
IMG_0008 (1).JPG
IMG_0009 (1).JPG
IMG_0010 (1).JPG
IMG_0011 (1).JPG
IMG_0013 (1).JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Wow, the wings look sharp, Mark. I'm glad I finally caved and bought a pair. Your car is looking so good!

We got very little in the way of snow in Philly. 200 inches is a lot!

-Dan
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Yea man, that car makes those wings look real good. As far as the snow goes it's another reason to move to Florida perminetly, we have free snow removal!
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Mark Merritt wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:10 pm I have found A good for rubber/tubing for making the front and rear lower trim gaskets. It is very flexible, compresses nicely, easy to cut, seals excellent.I was looking at thick wall vacuum hose and came across this. It is sold by the foot for $2.99 I got A couple of feet and is more than I but will have other uses I am sure. Like I said very flexable/stretchy,not hard and fits over the 10/24 thread nicely with A little spray of soapy water. I got it from House of Scuba.com it is called bulk latex and comes in black. The item # is ACC395HA94BLK . It is 1/2 O.D 1/8 I.D. I got the windshield trim done, the grill trim and wipers back on and am going to put the hood back on.Just thought I would share that about that product it worked very well. Also used some more tight putty to keep the clips from sliding in the trim channel and line up with the holes. Mark
Just ordered some, Mark! Here's the link: https://www.houseofscuba.com/product/acc395.html

The default size indicated is actually a dropdown, I changed it to 1/2 OD x 1/8 ID.

"Splain me what "tight putty" is. Something you put on either side of the clip, to keep them from sliding?
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Changed the tranny oil the other day no surprises since 8,000 miles on the transmission rebuild. Minimum clutch material in the pan, new gasket and cleaned the screen. Anyone need A powerflite gasket? I got it some years ago and stuck it on A shelf not realizing it is the wrong one. Mark
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0024.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Ron helped me score these rain guard/top shades from Forward look Frank. I put them on today and they look great !!! Dan these are the Hopkins light adjust tool I was telling you about. I got mine for 30 bucks. They are around and work great but I saw none at Carlisle. Thanks Ron !! MARK
IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Oh my Frank, those rain guards look great, l have a set on my Desoto. I have a friend that scored that headlight tool on ebay. He lets me use it whenever l need it. See our picture.
20190714_064446.jpg
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

I gotcha !!!!!!!!!!!!! Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dick; He did good, the headlight tool is all there as you can see. You are welcome to come and use it anytime. He also sold me some nice old Pennsylvania plates as well. I look at them often. I call him A BFF. Later Mark
IMG_0094.JPG
IMG_0095.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

A slight brake problem lately. The passenger right front would grab and pull to the right at times and sometimes chirp A tire when backing out of the garage but would go away after A little drive. It seemed to grab to easily. I pulled the right front and peeled back the wheel cylinder boot and brake fluid ran out of it, I did the same for the top cylinder and it poured as well. The shoes had A little wetness on the ends.I called O'Reilly auto parts and they said they would be in 8:00am the next day. That is the same place I got my tranny pan gasket before I took it to Carlisle. I know about the different wheel cylinders that are early and late production differences, my ride was born in June ( wider slot) and is Late. Long story short the had the right wheel cylinders and she was back on the road that afternoon. I sanded and scuffed the shoes as well as the drums and A good dose of brake cleaner prior to that. All is well and stops great. This winter I am going over the others as well. By the way I also adjusted the shoes as well. The only part about it I hate is the "easy access master cylinder". Not one of their better ideas. But I did the funnel with the hose and it was like mommas milk to A calf !!! Also the other momma pumped the brakes and that helped !! All is well. Later Mark
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Well, at least one of us is working on their '59, and posting to tell about it :roll: Good to hear from you Mark! Here's how I filled my master brake cylinder - but, whatever works to placate Mother MoPar! :D
big m

Post by big m »

I've had good luck switching over to silicon brake fluid when I do a complete brake overhaul.

No more seeping, rust in cylinders, grabbing brakes, etc, even after letting cars set for many years. Conventional fluid draws moisture from the air, and causes these problems.

One downfall of silicon fluid is that the brake light pressure switch will fail prematurely, so a mechanical switch needs to be installed on the pedal assembly.

---John
In rust we trust!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I use Dot 5 in Faulkner, John! I did have the switch fail, but because of a bad termination. Good hint about replacing with a mechanical switch.