Colorado Belvedere Convertible progressing

Works in progress. Or, whose progress has been completed!
Faulkner

Re: Colorado Belvedere Convertible progressing

Post by Faulkner »

And, just because. How did they get them to do that, anyway?!?

Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Dan, I like to mix and match, try the bronze paint if that does not work try another color. If you are like me, I have about 10 59 Plymouth hubcaps so I can make up a set to be unique but have a set to be the standard configuration.

I also have a set of 1964 Sport Fury Spinner Hub Caps for even a different look. I will put on a couple to show how that looks. Plus a set of Poverty Hub caps for that look.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Argent dammit! ARGENT.
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Dick Koch wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:58 pm Argent dammit! ARGENT.
Dick
Now Dick, remember your blood pressure and all... I still have my 14" argent wheels with wide white sidewalls should you ever visit me... :roll: :roll:

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

william0431

Post by william0431 »

John, She is a beauty!! and love the contrast in colors with the wheels. I really like how you have different hubcaps to change for different events, kinda like dressing for the occasion!
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Yes, exactly! On Friday night cruise in the bare wheels or one with the basic poverty caps looks great. Then other times, spinner hub caps or soon, the High Tea version with the 59 Imperial Caps! LOL

I love the shock effect of opening the hood and seeing a 300E 413RB with Dual Quads under the bonnet really blows people away.

I will take some pictures tonight of the 64 Sport Fury spinners and with my 70 Cuda's plain jane Poverty caps on.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Denver 59 Fin Convert

Finally getting around to re-assembling the Clear (Yellowish) Deluxe steering wheel on the convertible. I have had the wheel for 2 years but have never changed the color to Turquoise on the center part till this past weekend. My car did have this type of steering wheel on the car when I bought it but all the acrylic had cracked and shattered off already. This is an original wheel that I purchased off of Ebay a couple years ago.

And then I will install the dual antennae's on the car also, (just hate putting holes in the top deck of the trunk area but it must be done). And the last item to add is the painted fender skirts (AKA the Matthew Keij skirts) And then it should be done for this upcoming car show season as far as Plymouth M series bling goes.

John Q.
IMG_0452.JPG
IMG_0453.JPG
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 am ...And then I will install the dual antennae's on the car also, (just hate putting holes in the top deck of the trunk area but it must be done).
I'm def interested in what tools you use to do this, John - I've got to do it myself. I have the pattern, and was thinking of using a metal hole saw, along with a metal snipper you hook up to a drill (I got from Eastwood). What will you do? Post pix please!
Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 am And the last item to add is the painted fender skirts (AKA the Matthew Keij skirts)...
Me too!! You know he loves those skirts :mrgreen:

Dan
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Dan, I think I will do a hole saw or a Greenlee punch to make the two larger holes and then connect the two larger holes by the metal snips method. The smaller holes will be done by a drill bit method. I will take some pics of the process for all to see.

I don't have the proper gaskets right now for the antennae bases but will just make two of them for now out of rubber gasket material.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

John - There is another alternative but it only applies if the antennas act as dummies. You cut off the part of the antenna base that protrudes thru the deck even with the bottom of the base then you only drill the small holes that you would have to drill anyway for mounting. You can install a hidden antenna under the dash with double sided tape or velcro.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Dick Koch wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:48 pm There is another alternative but it only applies if the antennas act as dummies.
D*mn! What about car owners that are dummies?!? Mine will be dummy - I'll be hiding an AM/FM antenna like this one, since my radio will have an FM retrofit and also Bluetooth. I should have cut those suckers off before I had them replated! I'd hate to scratch up the bases, so I'm going to have to be careful. Maybe I'll send them down to Dick Koch for surgery.

Much easier to drill mounting holes, than a hole for the antenna base!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

John, I see that your avatar "went south". I took the liberty of making you a new one - let me know if you want something different.

Dan
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Thanks Dan on the Avatar rebuild, I tried to put a newer picture in place of the one of me welding on the quarter-panel one but could not get it to shrink down enough to be uploaded so I ended up Sans avatar.

Appreciate it! Did Forward Look Frank do your radio? I picked up one of the RCA AP-1 45 RPM record players last year and it has to run thru the amplifier in my 860 radio. So I will have to send it to him to do this as a receptacle will have to be added to my radio to make everything work.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Denver 59 Fin Convert

Rare 1958 Belvedere "500" Spring Special Concept Car with Chrysler 300E 413RB 2 x 4bbl. powerplant seen in Arvada, Colo getting ready for a show in Florence, Colo (Canon City area) that will feature Dennis Gage of "My Classic Car" will be in attendance on Sunday, 5-20.

It is an 2 1/2 hour drive down to Florence from my house, so I will drive down tomorrow and stay overnight (at the sleasist Motel I can find) and will be ready for the show on Sunday Morning at 9AM. I really spruced up the Convert the last two days in hopes we can feature an 59 Plymouth on a National stage like Dennis's show :o .

John Q.
IMG_0455.JPG
Concept Car Belvedere 500!
dual quads.jpg
Last edited by Denver 59 Fin Convert on Fri May 18, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Denver 59 Fin Convert

Decided to have fun this year campaigning the car as "one of None" Concept Car from 1959. Don't worry all can be put back to stock with in an hour or so if need be. This year I have upgraded to 15' tires and Wheels using 1959 Imperial "Gear Faced" Hub Caps (no 15" Plymouth Caps were made in 59)

John Q.
IMG_0302.JPG
IMG_0352 (1).JPG
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)