Pushbutton help

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Roger van Hoy

Pushbutton help

Post by Roger van Hoy »

I'm in need of a faceplate for PowerFlite pushbuttons.

1- If anyone has a spare, let me know.

2- If you can send me yours to use as a pattern that would be great. I'll send it back with a little something for your trouble.

3- Last resort, if you could trace your faceplate onto paper I'd be eternally grateful. The pushbutton and screw holes and the outside edge.

Before you ask, I've checked with Big M, Wildcat and several other yards, plus Bernbaum, Dawson etc. No.luck.

I have a stick shift faceplate to work on. Just need the positions to cut for buttons.

Roger

3-
william0431

Re: Pushbutton help

Post by william0431 »

Roger, that's crazy no one has a P-flite face plate! Wish I could help ya but I'm about 7,000 miles away from my car. Ill be home next spring and I would pull mine off and give it to ya for free (ill be replacing the 2spd with a 3spd T-flite). I am sure some one here can get you the dimensions but since you have the manual face plate maybe you can find photos of a 2spd face plate on the internet blow the photo up to actual size and use it as a template.
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Try "Home of the Forward Look" web site. They have A want forum as well as general forums. There is A large group on that site, I think I did see some, sometime ago that some one had powerflite plates. I don't have one I have the torgueflite as well or I would give it to you. Do A image blow up of one till it fits the blank and trace your hole locations. Good luck, just some thought. Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

We may have a solution to Roger's problem. He has a automatic delete plate from a '59 with a manual transmission. It appears to me from these photos, that there is no difference in the position on the plate between the PowerFlite buttons and the TorqueFlite buttons, apart from the fact that the TorqueFlite has an extra button (and hole):

aee5cab6b36c78f99475d3b12505ceef.jpg
TF.jpg

That's my spare TF plate. I'm sending it to Roger - if it slides over his buttons and aligns with the mounting screw holes, he's got a perfect template for drilling the delete plate.

Just remember to drill the top four holes, Roger, and not the bottom four :lol:
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Well all be danged! Good call Dan, I never noticed that they are the same pattern minus the the last hole. I always assumed they were more centered top and bottom. Looks like a good solution.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

This just in from Roger!
Roger van Hoy wrote:Good eye! You were right. The PF is the same as the TF except one less bottom button. I'll get it traced and back to you.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"