VINs and Build Sheets

Got a question? This is the place to ask
GaryBitner

Re: VINs and Build Sheets

Post by GaryBitner »

Awesome! Thanks, Matthew. I can see the Caribbean Blue in a couple of spots, like where the trunk key is engaged.

Does anyone know if the grey fabric can be had anywhere? She's got seat covers on her now and they're a little rough.
william0431

Post by william0431 »

That is a beautiful color combo! I love those spring special colors. The material is all available from SMS Fabrics. They have all the materials and patterns and can provide you material or the entire finished interior...... BUT!!

Be forewarned! They have a LOT of bad reviews, They are notorious for taking your money and making you wait up to 2 years for your materials or finished interior! they are very quick to send samples and take your order/money then give excuses on why its delayed. On the flip side there are a lot of customers who have nothing but amazing things to say about them and their service..... I plan on using them and taking my chances but be sure and read their reviews before deciding. I have seen their products and they all look top quality to me. Other then them I don't know of any one else that offers these materials.

any one know of any other sources out there?
GaryBitner

Post by GaryBitner »

Wow, WIll. Thanks for the lead. Read several of the reviews and it looks like they're good when the fabric is in stock. I'll call up there and let you know how it goes. Looks like Canby, Oregon is just south of Portland, so mebbe a quick trip out there would be more productive. I have a great guy in Florida to actually do the work, which I'd like to get done this coming winter, ahead of Carlisle in 2019.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

GaryBitner wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:31 am I have a great guy in Florida to actually do the work, which I'd like to get done this coming winter, ahead of Carlisle in 2019.
I was hoping you would say that :D

Just sayin', Dick.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
GaryBitner

Post by GaryBitner »

Must say I'm impressed with SMS Auto Fabrics so far. Check out what arrived in today's mail, less than a week after I asked them to send it.
IMG_1016.jpg
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Samples are send fast! When you order more, that’s when the waiting begins....for a long time
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Some things they are good at some things they are not. My carpet came 3 weeks, seat fabric took 3 months, door panels about A year, headliner about 2 months, but then it got bad. The first liner had A bad yellow streak at A fold and I sent it back. the next came in about 2 weeks and looked good and installed it but they did not send enough to do the visors. I called them and they sent an extra piece but it was dirty and had A visible shoe print on it like it was picked off the floor, I sent them pics and showed what they sent right out of the box. They admitted to it then told me they are out of stock of that run and would get NO MORE. What do I do now take they liner out and start over? I wish they would have told me that when I ordered it. I left the liner in and did the visors with A similar color in vinyl. Watch them close is my advise. The samples did come quick but that was the only thing that was. Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Mark, sadly your experience seems to be the norm not the exception. Sad because they have some amazing products that you cant get any where else it seems. When they do come through they deliver some awesome parts, their finished door panels are top notch for sure.

Gary, I have ordered a ton of samples from them and they always get to me with in a week or so, their sample department is on point for sure haha. I did notice that the 59 Sport Fury green cloth sample I got was garbage! the material was so loosely woven it was falling apart and made of thread that was fraying apart and so thin you could see through it. It was obviously new reproduction but of pretty poor quality in comparison to my original dealer sample material. I don't think it would last a week in a car but it was correct color and pattern and they are the only ones who sell it, so I have a dilemma....

I also got some 59 Dodge seat material that is a beautiful pattern and color and seems tough as nails I am guessing its NOS because I could tell it was a much older piece of fabric but much higher quality. I guess its almost luck of the draw with them.

I am interested to hear what you decide and how it works out.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I ordered some black woven windlace from them, and got it within a week. Pretty standard fare, but Gary Goers wasn't selling anymore, and I didn't know where else to get it. But, not fabric! Just another data point.

-Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
GaryBitner

Post by GaryBitner »

Has anyone traveled to Portland/Canby, Oregon to buy fabric in person?
william0431

Post by william0431 »

I don't know of any one personally who has been there. But I have seen photos of the place and would love to tour it to see all the stock they have. You might get better service in person but I would not embark on the trip with out some solid communication prior to.

Here are some of the samples I have received. The viynal is pretty spot on but you can see how frazzled and poor quality the SF material is. Sorry for the poor camera/lighting, I was pretty tired taking the photo. Comparing original samples to SMS samples. That's a bottle of emerald green touch up paint for comparison to body color :mrgreen:

I reallllly love the 59 Dodge fabric (dark green/mint green) that was much better quality material. How much hate would I get if I redid my interior with that....?
DSC_0006.JPG