rotisserie style?

Got a question? This is the place to ask
PlumGr8SRT8

rotisserie style?

Post by PlumGr8SRT8 »

So i finally got my Fury, will try to upload some pics. So, after getting it now i can see it def needs all new floor pans, and some rear quarter panel work, and front fenders. Already have all the floor pans on order, in talk with Big M for the fenders etc, no luck on rear quarter yet but the one guy making floor pans etc said he should be doing them too. Unless someone has a lead on those from another source.

Either way my original plan was to do some basic work get it running and enjoy it until later for a full build. But the interior is toast. I was hoping it would be salvageable for a bit but everything is just too far gone, You put your finger and it crunches right through the left over fabric and through the foam no bueno.

So, if have to do all that i may as well get the interior redone the way i was thinking, and do paint now. So, i want to fix all the rust i can on my own, then send it off to paint etc.

How hard is it to put one of these on a rotisserie? I figure that will be the best for me to get to all the spot i want for welding etc. I did a search, and saw mentions that people had their cars done on a rotisserie but nothing about putting one on. Anyone have any insight on that?
Faulkner

Re: rotisserie style?

Post by Faulkner »

The best person I know to advise regarding rotisseries is "Fury" Jim Rawa. It's been a while since he's been on this Forum, but I'll ask him to weigh in on your post.

BTW, I seem to recall seeing a NOS rear quarter for a '59 on eBay. I don't know if it sold, or which side (driver's?), you might want to check there.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
PlumGr8SRT8

Post by PlumGr8SRT8 »

Thanks I'll check there, think I need both sides. It feels solid over most of it. Except at the top in the wheel well on the right and wheel wheel rust on the left also.
big m

Post by big m »

I have a perfect LH quarter panel, and a decent RH side on a car I picked up recently.

Not sure if they are sold near you, but I bought a Carotator rotisserie a number of years ago, and it is well built, and has hydraulic rams to raise and lower the project. I'd recommend them to anyone. I believe the price was about $1,000 with tax.

---John
In rust we trust!
PlumGr8SRT8

Post by PlumGr8SRT8 »

Sounds good just let me know

I'll check out that rotisserie as well