1959 plymouth sport fury interior

Got a question? This is the place to ask
58 coronet

1959 plymouth sport fury interior

Post by 58 coronet »

Hi. Does anyone have the interior code for a 1959 sport fury convertible. The car has cloth and vinyl swivel seats in blue. The convertibles were built in Evansville and Evansville cars did not get a body tag. I need the interior code to try to source vinyl for my top boot. Thanks John
Dick Koch

Re: 1959 plymouth sport fury interior

Post by Dick Koch »

John - I think SMS in Oregon has all the codes and may be able to help you. When I did my Convertible I sent them the code number I had (plate was on firewall) and they told me right away what the colors and material were. I don't know if they would know the color of the boot, but google them and give it a try.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
58 coronet

Post by 58 coronet »

Hi Dick Thanks for the reply. Are you saying that you restored a 59 plymouth convertible and it had a body tag on the firewall with the interior code on it. Most 59 plymouths did have this tag but I was under the impression that all 59 plymouth convertibles were built in Evansville and Evansville did not put a body tag on them. There were only a few choices for interiors and it is the blue one that I wanted the code for. If I could get the code I had planned on giving it to SMS to see what they come up with. John
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

John - Go to the Forum and click on "Show your Ride", then click on Dick's convertible project, go to page 5 and you will see the Data Tag (Rusty) on the firewall. Go to page 6 and you will see a pencil scratched version.
Dick.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Evansville build Plymouth's never received a data plate.
Convertible were build at 2 plants, Newark and Evansville.

The code for the blue SF interior you are looking for is 341.
Any top color codes you are looking for?
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Some clarification on the Data/Vin tags on my convertible. There was no Plain Vin Tag on the car when I got the car. There was a Data/Vin tag spot welded and screwed to the firewall with a Serial # M255 indicating the car was built in Newark. I had no title and only a Bill of Sale, the State of Florida will not recognize a Bill of Sale from California, I contacted the DMV in California giving them the Vin # and Black Plate tag # I had but they replied they had no record of the car. Thankfully my problem was solved when a Title and a Vin tag for a Belvedere Convertible showed up with a Serial # M253 indicating the car was built in Evansville. Under the Circumstances I chose to not be choicy and was able to get a Florida title.
Dick.
58 coronet

Post by 58 coronet »

Hi Dick and Matthew. I never knew Newark built convertibles but there is lots I don't know about these cars. My car is an Evansville (253#) built car and therefor has no data plate. I wanted to contact SMS auto fabrics to have them send me vinyl samples and was wanting to include an interior code. The car was powder blue exterior and I was wanting a blue top. In a previous thread Matthew gave me the top colors that were available and blue was one of them. Matthew if you have the code for a blue top that would be interesting information to have. John
58 coronet

Post by 58 coronet »

Hi Dick. I have read your posts on your convertible restoration quite extensively and will be referring to it as I go along. You did a great job in an incredibly short time. Thanks again John
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

John - Go to the Showcase, click on page 2 and you will see a white convertible with a blue top. The car used to be owned by Russ Housen. He and I were at a show here in Palm Beach Gardens several years ago. I got 1st. place with Charleen before I restorer her and he got 2nd. place. By all rights he should have gotten 1st. place. He was so furious he tore out of there with his wife and kid and forgot his chairs, I had to bring them to him at another car show. He never talked to me again. Nice guy.
Dick.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Code for the blue top is 324
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”