Various how to's and information request

Got a question? This is the place to ask
rogerh

Re: Various how to's and information request

Post by rogerh »

best way I could help you is to snap a pic of my mirrors, and post them. If I emember correctly, the twin-strut mirrors with slight "hood" are correct. In 1960, they made a change, and the "hood" was gone.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Roger wrote:I dunno if this "forward" link will work, but someone on the LIst is asking for advice on HiWayHi Fi..
What a cool website, Roger! Here's the link, folks...

http://ookworld.com/hiwayhifi.html

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Ron Keij wrote:5 there is a place in Califonia I have heard about, they do a good job for a reasonable price. I can't think of the name right now but I will check and post the info here soon.

We will be there too and we look forward to meet you! And it is OK to go to Carlisle without your car, I have been doing that for years :lol:

Ron
Tim,

Sorry my posting wasn't soon, it took me a long time to find the link to the company but here it is: http://www.kingoftrim.com/

See you @ Carlisle,
Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
53619PLF

Post by 53619PLF »

I have asked this question before, but not in the same way, and I never got a clear answer of which way it was. My question is on any 59 Plymouth, although I am specifically talking about Sport Fury convertible or hard top, Is there only the one tag on the firewall for the VIN. I know the tags are different between convertible and hardtop. There are holes in the drivers door jamb, but after talking with someone else who has a hardtop Sport Fury, there is no tag present. Is that true of anyones 59 Plymouth ?. My hardtop has a tag, but it may be just because the title was lost and a builders title had to be obtained. It is like a similar number, but not the same. I would know for sure if I had made it to Chryslers at Carlisle, but I wasn't able to get there.

Thanks,
Tim
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

That is possible Tim.

Our Sport Fury Hardtop also has the VIN on the cowl and in the door jamb there are 2 holes but no plate.
Guess it's the build plant that is the difference.

Our Fury Hardtop has 2 plates
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner (a SF) has a door jamb plate (sorry for the poor focus from my Blackberry)...
IMG00005.jpg
53619PLF

Post by 53619PLF »

Now I am confused, it seems like some cars have them in the door jamb and some don't . Do all cars have them on the firewall ?. Dan, your car also has a cowl tag, correct ?. My door jamb tag is not like that, it is a smooth shiny piece that uses the rivet holes to mount. The number is also similar to the VIN on the cowl, but is not the VIN. That is why I think it must have had a builders title, and they kept the number similar, but is different. My titlle actually uses the VIN on the door jamb. I will post a picture when I get the chance.

Tim
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

IT certainly sounds like your car has been re-tagged.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

53619PLF wrote:Dan, your car also has a cowl tag, correct ?
Correct.

Dan
BHWINC

Post by BHWINC »

check out this link on the topic of VIN plate locations..
http://59sportfury.net/59forum/viewtopi ... late#p3224

Dan,
You should condence the information in the above thread into it's own header as this question of vin plate location comes up quite often and this has to be one of the most informative disscusions to date..
Stuck In The Past and,,,,,, Trying Like Hell To Stay There!

www.BHWINCVintageAutoParts.com