Seat Cover Removal

And, how not to! Show a fellow member how you did it, here
eroomas2

Seat Cover Removal

Post by eroomas2 »

Hello All :)

Does anyone know how to remove the seat covers for a 1959 Fury? We're hoping to replace the foam (ourselves???!??) but youtube has been a bust (unless I'm not putting in the magic search words to come up with a match).

Thanks!!
Dick Koch

Re: Seat Cover Removal

Post by Dick Koch »

eromas2 - Assuming you have the seats out of the car, the covers are stretched over the foam and springs and held tight with Hog Rings that are crimped thru the vinyl and around the metal parts of the seat frame. The easiest way to get the covers off is cut the Hog Rings with Heavy Duty side cutting pliers and they should come right off. New Hog Rings and special Hog Ring plies can usually be had at ACE Hardware.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
eroomas

Post by eroomas »

How do I remove the rear bench? In my Cutlass there was two screws spread out across the bottom front of the bench. Would it be the same for the Fury? I wasn't able to see any exposed screws. Thanks in advance.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

I'm not sure about a 4dr. car but in a two door there is a raised rail at the front of the seat that has two square holes in the top, the seat has two projections that fit in the holes. Just lift up on the front of the seat and it should come up and then pull forward. The seat back has two bolt holding the bottom of the seat, take the bolts out, pull the seat back upward and it will come right out.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.