1959 Plymouth Dealer Display Box

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
Faulkner

1959 Plymouth Dealer Display Box

Post by Faulkner »

Here's a particularly rare item - especially in this condition! John Diekewicz contacted me, and is offering it for sale. His email message is below, feel free to reach out to him if you have any interest.

IMG_7013.JPG
IMG_7015.JPG
IMG_7016.JPG
IMG_7017.JPG
IMG_7018.JPG
IMG_7019.JPG
IMG_7020.JPG
IMG_7021.JPG
IMG_7022.JPG
IMG_7023.JPG
IMG_7024.JPG
IMG_7030.JPG
IMG_7031.JPG
IMG_7033.JPG
IMG_7034.JPG
IMG_7035.JPG
IMG_7036.JPG
IMG_7038.JPG
IMG_7039.JPG
IMG_7042.JPG
IMG_7045.JPG

Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 10:00 PM
To: dan at 59plymouth dot net
Subject: 1959 Plymouth Dealer Display Box

Dan,

The display box is mine. It really is the single rarest dealer sales promotional item for the '59 Plymouth, especially given that all of the components are intact.

I have one for the 1958 and I can attest to that fact. I did see an example of the '58 Plymouth display box (complete) sell at this year's Hershey meet for $2000.

The condition of that box was not as nice as this one and some of the upholstery sample cards were damaged.

With that, I'm going to start at that figure and see what happens. If you would like to include my contact information, that would be fine.

I really appreciate you sharing this with everyone. It would be great to see someone in the group make a home for the display box.

Thanks Again !

Johnny
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
william0431

Re: 1959 Plymouth Dealer Display Box

Post by william0431 »

:o :o :o I love these! I know of at least two others :D one is tucked away safe and sound in my storage back home :P And Matthew has one across the pond. Mine is complete and in pretty excellent condition over all the only detractor being the card board cards have a slight curl to them from age and a little ware around the holes where the metal rings clip through.

2k seems pretty fair, I have seen similar displays go for that kind of money. I lucked out on mine for a little less than that but it still cost a pretty penny....hmmm wonder if I need two of these :mrgreen: :lol:

I love old dealership advertising, I would really like to find one of the really neat-o dealership windshield banners (hint, hint Dan) :mrgreen:

Any other members own one of these lighted displays or know of one? curious how many else are out there?
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

william0431 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:30 pm I would really like to find one of the really neat-o dealership windshield banners (hint, hint Dan) :mrgreen:
On It, Sir Will! As soon as I get Faulkner out of the garage, I'll be werkin' it!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

About the display box, Johnny emailed me:
Johnny Diekewicz wrote:In regard to the price on the display box, the asking price is negotiable and I will consider offers.
You know you want it! :P Let me know if you are interested in contacting Johnny directly...