'59 wagon project for sale

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
big m

'59 wagon project for sale

Post by big m »

Figured I'd put this out there-

I sold a customer a solid '59 wagon years ago, that he took apart to restore. He replaced all the suspension bushings and components, did all the body work [it's in primer now] Seats were re-upholstered and new door panels, bumpers rechromed and more. The engine and trans never were touched, but I have his original 318 and torqueflite. When I had it, the engine had blowby, and needed an overhaul. He bought four or five other wagons also, and saved the best parts for this car.

He and his wife decided to sell there home in Reno, as the property had quadrupled in value, buy a class A motorhome, and spend the rest of their years travelling, so the project needed to go, and he sold it back to me. I currently have ahead of it a '57 Plymouth convertible, '58 Plymouth convertible, '59 Plymouth airport limo, '59 DeSoto convertible, and a 39 Dodge cabover/Cummins car hauler project, so I doubt I'd get to it.

The car has a clear California title, first $6500 takes it.

---John
In rust we trust!
Faulkner

Re: '59 wagon project for sale

Post by Faulkner »

OMG, John, if Mary Kay would let me pave the back yard for an addition to the garage, I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Have any pix to post?
big m wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:23 pm I currently have ahead of it a '57 Plymouth convertible, '58 Plymouth convertible, '59 Plymouth airport limo, '59 DeSoto convertible, and a 39 Dodge cabover/Cummins car hauler project, so I doubt I'd get to it.
Ahhhhhhhhhh... So, the limo is on the list! I can't wait to see that done. What a cool thing it would be to loan out for weddings! :lol: Could be a real revenue generator...
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
big m

Post by big m »

I'm not sure how to post pics now that I've ditched Photobucket. Any help would be appreciated.
In rust we trust!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

John, as you are writing your post, just drag your pictures into the text box where you are typing, here - and wait for the pix to upload before clicking "submit". That's all there is to it!

Capture.JPG
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Boy this sounds tempting!!!! and I was just starting to build up a little savings to throw at my other two Plymouths but maybe they can wait a little longer. Cant wait to see photos of it John :D
big m

Post by big m »

If anyone is interested in this car, please PM me your e-mail address, as I haven't had time to learn pic posting.

I can supply photos of the car then.

---John
In rust we trust!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

John, Just came across this old-ish post and realized I didn't take you up on your offer to receive pix. Did you sell the wagon? If not, I'm willing to post the pix here for you - email me, dan at 59plymouth dot net.
big m

Post by big m »

Thanks, Dan. I'll get pics off to you tomorrow, as I just returned from a long trip.

---John
In rust we trust!
william0431

Post by william0431 »

John, Always a pleaser seeing you and Austin Swinger's travel stories on Facebook. That was one heck of a long haul! Worked out well with you bringing his 60 all that way the grabbing that neat Ply convertible to bring home. Cant wait to see the wagon you have up for sale. When I rotate back from this over seas trip I'd really like to take the wife and road trip up to your place and by road trip in mean up in an empty Uhaul truck and trailer :mrgreen: and loaded on the way home :mrgreen: So much good stuff!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

And here are the long awaited pix! This from John:
John Fowlie wrote:I sold this car to a customer, and it was very solid. He's done most of the body work, has new upholstery on the seats and door panels, rechromed bumpers, nice trim, and all the glass.

He and his wife decided to sell their house and buy a class A motor home to finish out their years in, hence nowhere to complete the wagon.

I have the original engine and trans, but it's tired and needs a rebuild. The engine and trans is to go with the car, the new owner can then rebuild it, or choose to install another.

The price for the car is $6500, and I do have a clear title.
DSCN6981 (1).JPG
DSCN6982.JPG
DSCN6983.JPG
DSCN6984 (1).JPG
DSCN6985 (1).JPG
DSCN6986 (1).JPG
DSCN6987.JPG
big m

Post by big m »

Thanks for posting these, Dan!!