1959 Sport Fury Seat Upholstery Belt Buckles

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
Guyman

1959 Sport Fury Seat Upholstery Belt Buckles

Post by Guyman »

HI everyone., well., I have been working on these for some time., and finally have the first three seat upholstery small buckles made that attach to the seats and door panels. They are made of aluminum, machined and then lots of hand work to finish them off and polish them. These are pretty labor intense, making a set for me and maybe a few extra sets for sale if anyone is interested. I have spent at least a week on all the programing paths to make them...there are 12 separate programming paths to make one buckle...and I make three at a time...so to make a set of 12 takes awhile..takes about an hour and a half to machine 3 buckles..., so 12...well., takes a while.

I am also going to make the small buckle ends that go on the door panels (4) per set...and they will be hand finished and polished also.

So in a set, there will be 12 of the buckles and 4 of the belt ends for the doors.

Each piece is held in place by two "tips" that will need to protrude through the seat upholstery or door panels., much more stable and secure. They are held on by press on clips and are very tight so they will not come off. You can see the picture of the original with the flimsy clip...and my new design with the two tips..much more stable when installed.

Big belt buckles are $50 ea. and small belt ends for doors $40 ea.

Thanks., Guy (guysgt390@yahoo.com)
buckles2.JPG
buckles.jpg
Last edited by Guyman on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew Keij

Re: 1959 Sport Fury Seat Upholstery Belt Buckles

Post by Matthew Keij »

Wow!!!!!!!!! :o :o
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

I have a full set of these buckles almost ready. 12 of the big buckles in a set and I will have a few singles too if you are missing one or two...making some of the small end ones for the doors too.

If interested let me know, thanks, Guy
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

I would like a set for the door panels, some big and small ones, enough to do both doors. Let me know how much.

thanks!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

Hey john...email me at guysgt390@yahoo.com

Thanks, Guy
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

I have the small ends for the door belts available now...identical the same except has two mounting tips instead of flimsy orig. clip.

Thanks, Guy
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

Decided NOT to persue making these anymore...not enough interest...I do have a complete set of seat buckles done and ready for someone if they are interested...here is an example of mine on the seats that just got finished for my '59
20150511_205910.jpg
yakky

Post by yakky »

Do you have a set of 4 buckles for the seats left?? I need a set.