59 Plymouth Sportfury For Sell In Glasgow,KY

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
anthony_sportfury

59 Plymouth Sportfury For Sell In Glasgow,KY

Post by anthony_sportfury »

I have a 1959 2 door sportfury that my grandpa gave me that he bought brand new in 1959 it has got his name on the dash that says "proudly made for E.E. Barbour by plymouth company".I still have the brochure that they gave him advertising the car when he bought it back then.The car is in good shape all the trim is there and no broken glass or nothing like that.It has been garage keep all these years.The motor is a 361 big block golden comando but is locked up at this point in time from where it has sat in the garage for so long without being started.It has a push button transmission and swivel seats and all original interior but the front seats are coming unstiched.I had the car out about a year ago and washed it and put a battery in it amacingly the headlights and taillights an horn still worked in the car.Anyways this is an all original car with nothing missing but a driver side mirror.I havent really thought on a price i was going to see if anyone is interested in the car frist and take it from there.But if anyone has any questions i would be glad to answer them...Thanks Anthony Barbour
grant4405

Re: 59 Plymouth Sportfury For Sell In Glasgow,KY

Post by grant4405 »

anthony, do you have any pictures of your grandpas car that you could email me? i dont live too far away and would be interested in coming up one weekend to look at it. thanks, pat .
53619PLF

Post by 53619PLF »

Anthony,

I would be interested in more information on your grandpas car, and pictures as well. I would be interested in looking at the car as well. I am not that far from you either.

Thank You
Tim Baker
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I thought I replied to your query, but as it doesnt seem to be found ANYWhere, I will try again:
1959 Sport Fury, as listed in Collector Car Price Guide
...based on your description, your car is probably a #4, in their categorization;
Price= $10K, plus 15% for the 361. This is but ONE "Guide" on price...HOWeVer, your car 's engine is stuck, and the brakes are probably shot as well, and the gas in the tank has gone bad, damaging the tank, and more, if you tried to start it on old gas...This will bring the price back down appreciably.
Antother place to check is Old Car Price Guide.
Google Hemmings Motor News, you may find other sites which can help you value your car.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Roger you did answer him in another section when he first announced he had his Grandpa's car and then he changed over to the for sale section.
You are not losing your mind! :)

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

John, you are my savior, thank you for adressing my main fear...(losing my mind)
j67toy

Post by j67toy »

Did you sell the 1959 fury? If not could you post pictures or email to J67toy@hotmail.com Thanks
j67toy

Post by j67toy »

Anthony, I am still looking for a 59 2drht. If you haven,t sold the car please email Pictures to J67toy@hotmail.com Thanks