sport fury stainless side trim

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
rogerh

sport fury stainless side trim

Post by rogerh »

Is anybody out there shopping for stainless? I put some pieces on eBay with no luck.
I have some of the thinner pieces, in good shape, and I have some of the wider pieces too, although they need some repair. I also have a pair of "corner" pieces which connect side of car to rear.
If nobody is "in need" at the present time, I will offer it all as a package to John Fowlie.
I also have a very nice "deluxe" (grooved slats) grille set. I will put that on eBay soon.
-roger-
53619PLF

Re: sport fury stainless side trim

Post by 53619PLF »

Hi Roger,

Do you have the lower rear quarter panel stainless pieces in good shape for the Sport Fury ?. Exactly which other stainless pieces do you have ?. I will take another close look to see what I may need.

Thank You
Tim Baker
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I will try to sketch the location of the pieces, and show the amount I have:
PICT0025.JPG
Of the wider pieces,
"G"...two are decent.
"H"...one is bent and one has heavy file marks where someone began to straighten it
"I"....have two..on one, the last 8" has a bend put in it...not quite kinked.
The other has heavy file marks where someone began to straighten it.
Of the skinny pieces,
"A"...5 pieces, 2 only need polishing, 2 are a bit bent at one end, 1 has heavy file marks.
"B"...6 pieces, one is decent.
"C"...two good pieces
"D" one good piece
"E"...one good piece
"F"...passenger-side only, one piece, sort of twisted.
"J"...three pieces, all good.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Roger, aren't there "lefts" and "rights"?

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
53619PLF

Post by 53619PLF »

Hi Roger,

Thanks for taking the time to sort through, and draw up the layout of the trim. I have not had a chance to really go through my car and look at it closely. I am working all this weekend as well. It doesn't sound like the long lower quarter pieces you have are better than the ones I have. Neither one on my car is too bad, but each has a slight twist or bend that should be able to be straightened. I will take another look back at the rest of my trim. I guess the rest of what you had went to John Fowlie right. I am on the lookout for eyebrow trim that is nice. Mine aren't bad, but have a couple dings in them.

Thank You
Tim Baker
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

rogerh wrote:Is anybody out there shopping for stainless? I put some pieces on eBay with no luck.
I have some of the thinner pieces, in good shape, and I have some of the wider pieces too, although they need some repair. I also have a pair of "corner" pieces which connect side of car to rear.
If nobody is "in need" at the present time, I will offer it all as a package to John Fowlie.
I also have a very nice "deluxe" (grooved slats) grille set. I will put that on eBay soon.
-roger-
Hi Roger Dan and All!

I am back from yet another 5-day stay at the local County hospital - it never ends!

I thought Dan needs the "corner" or the side to rear trim piece for Faulkner - driver's side??? Am I Right? if so - please hold it for our webmaster! :)

Thanks,
Curt
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Thanks for looking out for me, Curt! Actually, TWSAM has such a piece in the pile of parts to make its way onto Faulkner. And although he may not remember, I acquired the piece from none other than Roger himself, many moons ago.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Faulkner wrote:Roger, aren't there "lefts" and "rights"?

Dan
For some pieces, yes. FOr others, no.
PICT0026.JPG
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

PICT0027.JPG
grant4405

Post by grant4405 »

i got this exchange late. but i need A and G for the passenger side. are any of your parts still available? thanks, pat
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I still have them, Pat. What would you say to $30 each?
-roger-
grant4405

Post by grant4405 »

that sounds fine. sorry for the delay in answering but i thought i would get an email thru the site if you responded. i dont check the site very often. if you will email me at grant4405@yahoo.com with your phone number i will call you to make arrangements. thanks, pat meanwhile, i will check the rest of the car but i think that is all i need.