'53/'54 Suburban

Looking for something? Post it here!
Faulkner

'53/'54 Suburban

Post by Faulkner »

OK; this is not '59 Plymouth related. It's not even Forward Look related - and may not even be Plymouth related!

I am looking for a 1953 or 1954 Suburban, either a Dodge or Plymouth. I would like to get it inspected and make it my daily driver - I'm not going to be concerned with restoring it, beyond a Maaco paint job maybe. Here's one that just got away:

1954-plymouth-plaza-wagon-suburban-lowered-rat-rod-hot-rod-2.jpg

So ugly it's cute! This particular one was a PowerFlite, which was rare; but three-on-the tree is fine with me, especially if there's overdrive.

If you see one in your 'hood for sale, please let me know!
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
william0431

Re: '53/'54 Suburban

Post by william0431 »

I love the 53 Plymouth's! I have a love of rat rods and many years ago I saw a chopped 53 Plymouth Cranbrook and thought it was the coolest car I have ever seen! Ever since then iv always liked the 52-54 Plymouth's and dodges. But your right about the so ugly it's cute statement! Good news is I see about more of these for sale then you see 59's and much cheeper too! Can't wait to see what you find Dan.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I got up the nerve to broach the topic with Mary Kay, explaining that I would replace the '07 BowTie in the driveway, not add to it...

...and she was enthusiastically receptive! The Suburban will be my daily driver for local driving, and we will use her car for long trips. So the whole thing is wired! Except...

53CHPL00.jpg

...I just need to find the car.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

This one looks great from twenty feet... Until you look at the floorboards, the seat, the rust near the rear door... And, the fact that the condition of the engine is unknown. (*sigh*) Not a project I want to take on. But, something along these lines, in much better condition.

00H0H_jmzD4WnuPAW_1200x900.jpg