Savoy Side trim and Deck lid "V"

Looking for something? Post it here!
william0431

Savoy Side trim and Deck lid "V"

Post by william0431 »

Hello all,

I am looking for a complete set of Savoy 2DrSdn Side trim and the gold "V" for the rear deck lid. Any one have a spare they are willing to part with?

Thanks,
William
Faulkner

Re: Savoy Side trim and Deck lid "V"

Post by Faulkner »

William,

When I was stripping Faulkner I dicovered that the pins on my gold trunk "V" were broken, and that it had been glued on. I was able to buy a replacement from Gary Goers (you might still be able to, also), but otherwise there was nothing wrong with it - I removed it without damage. You are welcome to it, if you think it's acceptable - I'll take a closeup pic next time I'm rummaging around in the basement (I do a lot of that these days, with the garage still too cold to work. Brrrrr!)

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Hi ya Dan, I appreciate it! How much would you like for it? If its just the pins are broke I can fix that :D

I didn't know Gary carried them? Did I miss them in the catalog? Speaking of Gary, is he still in business??? I have a order list I never sent because I thought he had retired, I did see where you got an order from him not to long ago but did not know if he is taking new orders? Hmm I should send my order in and see what happens? Should I send a check or use PayPal incase he is retired he can just return payment. It is a pretty big order, basically every thing I can find in the catalog to for both my SF and Savoy.

I would send you some sunshine if I could :D
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

William, I want nothing for the emblem, but let me find it and take a pic for you first - I may be mis-remembering its condition.

I'd check over on forwardlook.net about Gary - you can't communicate with him directly, but maybe you can find out indirectly from others if he's still selling. He's not producing anymore, but he may still be selling from inventory. He'll send you a check back for what he doesn't have, and just return your check if he's stopped altogether. He's as honest as the day is long!

Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

William, I couldn't find the V I took off Faulkner - it's bagged and in a drawer in the garage with a bunch of other bagged parts, I'll go through them when it's a bit warmer. And, lighter. And, less rainy. :roll:

But if you still want to try Gary, here's the page and item number from his catalog:

Capture.JPG

Add 10% for price increase, and 20% for shipping - he'll refund the difference. If he has 'em! I bet they'll be showing up on eBay one of these days...
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Thanks Dan. For that price cant beat that, hope he still has them! :mrgreen: