John Mahaffey's SF up for auction!

eBay is where to find that elusive part!
Faulkner

John Mahaffey's SF up for auction!

Post by Faulkner »

...Dana Mecum's auction, May 15-18 in Indianapolis. Starts at $135K! He can't be serious... Unless, someone is buying it with €'s... :cry:

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/J4-195 ... enameZWDVW

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Sorry, even for us € guys this is too much, we are already paying $10 a gallon now so we are all looking for a little Nash :lol:

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I sent an inquiry to John -- this just in:
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2008 1:59 PM
To: Morton, Dan
Subject: Re: Your '59 SF for sale?!

Dan,
Yes I have a reserve on it. I am cutting back on my Plymouth's. I am in my mid sixties now and storage and driving them all is an issue. If it doesn't get close to the reserve I will bring it back home. The car only has 3000 miles on it since I finished the resto in May 2004, and most of that was the Hot Rod Power Tour. I am currently involved in a complete resto of my 62 Sport Fury Max Wedge Cross Ram car. It should be as nice as the 59 when completed, hopefully by July. I also will keep my 41 Plymouth Pick-up Rat-Street Rod with a built Flat Head six cyl and a 53 overdrive Trans. If I sell the 59 I will make sure the new owner knows of the web site.
Thanks,
John
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I checked the auction site on June 1. It says "Closed" on John's car, at NINETY K!
Does that mean it sold for 90K, or he took it back home?
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

rogerh wrote:I checked the auction site on June 1. It says "Closed" on John's car, at NINETY K!
I guess it's time for me to ask!

Dan
BHWINC

Post by BHWINC »

so we are all looking for a little Nash
LOL
I got a phone call last week from a local yard, they just got a 49 or 50 600 Nash in for scrap. I went to look at it, its a low milage nearly rust free 3spd od car with a siezed motor, car has set in a garage since 1975 when the head gasket blew. With any luck it will be coming home this week or next.. As bad as I Hate BOW TIES, it would give me a use for this 350 that has set in the corner of the 1st garage for the past 15 years..

I must be getting old and or soft? for years I wouldn't have walked next door to look at one!
Stuck In The Past and,,,,,, Trying Like Hell To Stay There!

www.BHWINCVintageAutoParts.com
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

times are always changing...GO for it! I dont think you will lose on your investment...just takes a bit longer to sell a Nash...
BHWINC

Post by BHWINC »

I have a friend that has two of them, one is a 51 conv and I cant remember what the other one is I think it is a 49. He needs motor and tranns parts so the driveline wouldnt go to waste and I ran into a guy early last week who needs a clutch assy but can't afford a new set for a 50 wagon so maybe this one has a decent assy and he could use it to keep his going?
Stuck In The Past and,,,,,, Trying Like Hell To Stay There!

www.BHWINCVintageAutoParts.com
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote:
rogerh wrote:I checked the auction site on June 1. It says "Closed" on John's car, at NINETY K!
I guess it's time for me to ask!

Dan
Ask I did -- here's what I heard from John:
John Mahaffey wrote:Dan,

No not yet, it appraised for more than that. I wouldn't recommend the auction as a means for selling a car. They only gave me 93 seconds on the platform and didn't try very hard to sell it. Mecum only sold about 37% of the cars and I wasn't the only unhappy customer.

If you know anybody looking for a 56 Plymouth project I have my 56 Bellvedere convertible and a 56 Fury, complete car, for sale on The Forward site. I planned on doing a 56 Fury convertible restoration, but don't have another resto in me. My 62 Sport Fury is being done now.

Enjoy Carlisle next month. Due to work and other vacation commitments I can't make the Goldfin meeting.
John