Harbor Freight?

There's a vendor for everything! Check out some of the popular ones here
Faulkner

Harbor Freight?

Post by Faulkner »

Anybody ever deal with these folks? I'd like to buy a floor jack, this looks to be a pretty good deal...

Dan
HarborFreight.jpg
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Re: Harbor Freight?

Post by rogerh »

most times good, sometimes bad stuff. I had car stands from them, also house jacks. Liked them both. Check the guarantee before you buy.
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Do you really want a light weight floor jack?? I'd be wantin a heavy weght floor jack.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

I get all my stuff from Eastwood and Harbor Freight. I have had no problems with Harbor Freight. They have a store locally with sidewalk sales that are outstanding. Thier electric and air tools hold up real good and are so inexpensive if they crap out you just buy a new one. I've done my Desoto and Plymouth using Harbor Freight tools and supplies with no replacements needed yet.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

AFAIK, 100% of their stuff is from China. The casting of steel items is getting better, the metallurgy is improving, and so is their final inspection process.
My steel floor jack was heavy, for sure. The hydraulics never failed. One of the steel wheels would fall off occasionally. Somehow the snap ring had gotten lost and I couldnt find a replacement. Finally used a piece of wire for a ring.
Its heaviness made it hard to maneuver in my smaller garage, and the steel wheels would hang up on cracks in the concrete floor. I can't recall what I did with it..gave it to John Fowlie, I think.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Thank God for Friends - My friend Eddie bought an Engine Crane, two 6' screw jacks, and an engine stand, rotating kind. I've used them all and they performed well. The Screw Jacks are great for lifting the body off the frame to clean and paint and replace body mounts. Above all the prices are very good.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
big m

Post by big m »

The majority of their tools will hold up just fine under normal circumstances, but around here anything gets severe punishment, and they will not hold up like Snap-on, Craftsman, or other more expensive brands.

For home use, and occasional use, their products generally will suffice.

---John
In rust we trust!
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Ditto on what John F. and others have stated. I have a HF about 10 mins from my house and buy lots of stuff from them. Cutoff wheels/Grinding wheels are inexpensive. Their sales fliers always give some additional discounts to buy from them or on weekend sidewalk specials.

Sign up for email coupouns too! Then always click on the section for more discounts/coupons too. They reward consumers for looking at the entire add and just not deleting it with the additional discount/coupon part.

They are perfect for the light duty work we do in our Home garages. I have engine cherry picker and 3 engine stands and now problem with them.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Uh-oh. Four years up on Harbor Freight jackstands, while I crawled along underneath the tail-finned road locomotive. I guess I was lucky.

HF2.jpg
HF.jpg
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"