Wheels Nationals Barkarsby

Your banter here!
wipe

Wheels Nationals Barkarsby

Post by wipe »

[snip - this link is now broken, moving this thread to "Much Ado About Nothing". -Dan]

Could sound desperate, but is there anyone coming on this meet and cruising? Anyway, ill try to take much pictures, that you can get some feeligs from Sweden.

Last year I was also at the place and met one Savoy driver and one red Fury. So Ill try tell them about this forum.

See ya.
Plymouht Savoy- Life with style since 1959
eddie.gordou

Post by eddie.gordou »

Hey,

unfortunately I can't come to the meeting in Sweden. It would be posible but still a big distance from Germany.
Have you ever been at the Power Big Meet in Västeras? We've been there 4 years ago. It was a great weekend. I think it's the biggest meeting in Europe. Especially the "cruising" in the city at night was awesome...
Born to roll...
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hey,

Sorry, I won't be making it this year. It is a little too far to drive from the Netherlands. My son drove his 58 Oldsmobile to Vasteras this year and had to spend a small fortune on gas :( For now I am using my money to visit the home country of our cars.

Maybe we can can meet somewhere for a European 59 Plymouth meeting somewhere in the Northern part of Germany next year? Maybe Eddie knows a good show in the area?

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
eddie.gordou

Post by eddie.gordou »

Hey Ron,

I wanted to ask you if we can meet next year anyways. I read on your page about the meeting in Den Haag. Maybe we'd meet there next year. In northern germany I think Hamburg is the best place for a big meet, but I've never been there.
Anyhow there is a little time left to make an appointment :D

Sebastian
Born to roll...
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hey Sebastian,

Den Haag is OK but not what it used to be, now Muiden (near Amsterdam http://www.kingcruise.nl/home.html ) is the nicest meeting we have in Holland for American cars. The best show of the year is in Rosmalen though, twice a year they organize a jukebox fair and for fifties cars that's the place to be! And it is a lot closer to Germany too I guess, depending on which part of Germany you live in.

The disadvantage of the jukebox fair is the date, it is always late April and early October. So far we have been lucky with the weather for the last 6 years but we always are afraid it will rain. Next one is scheduled for October 6 and 7. I will be there for sure and if it isn't raining cats and dogs so will our cars. We will have to do without Dan this time I guess, last year he was visiting and came with us to the show. Any chance you are going to make it this year Dan??

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:Any chance you are going to make it this year Dan??
Hmm... I'll be in Ireland October 12-22. Any chance they can move the meet there?

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
eddie.gordou

Post by eddie.gordou »

Hey Ron,

I just checked the distances. I live in Münster, that's about 60 kilometres southeast of Enschede. To Muiden it's about 210 kilometres and to Rosmalen 220. Finally the distance between Münster and Spijkenisse is about 270.

So, you see, it's not very far away from me. Yet I don't know, if I can make it to Rosmalen this year. But I've nothing to do on the 6th and 7th of October and if I get my carburetor-problems fixed (I think I'll post the problem in the forum in a few days) and it runs round again, the distance would be no problem! And this would be a great opportunity to get to know you and your wife :)

Sebastian
Born to roll...