Jukebox Fair, Rosmalen NL - October 2006

Been to any good car shows lately? Got pix? Share your story!
Faulkner

Jukebox Fair, Rosmalen NL - October 2006

Post by Faulkner »

OK, since I can't find the time to add pix to the showcase, here's a couple of pix from the Jukebox Fair in... (help me out here, Ron :oops: ), in the Netherlands! I had the pleasure of being in attendance, where I finally met Ron's very good friend, Andre. Andre is a great guy, and has a gorgeous DeSoto! More about that another time... Soon, I hope.

Dan
IMG_2828.JPG
Driving to the Jukebox Fair. Check out that steering wheel!
IMG_2856.JPG
Matthew, Ron and Andrew showing off the Forward Look
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Ron Keij

Re: 2006 "Rock Around the Jukebox" Fair

Post by Ron Keij »

Faulkner wrote:OK, since I can't find the time to add pix to the showcase, here's a couple of pix from the Jukebox Fair in... (help me out here, Ron :oops: ), in the Netherlands! I had the pleasure of being in attendance, where I finally met Ron's very good friend, Andre. Andre is a great guy, and has a gorgeous DeSoto! More about that another time... Soon, I hope.

Dan
The Jukebox Fair was in Rosmalen, a town known all over Europe because of ..........the Jukebox Fair. It is the largest jukebox show in the world. I discovered it about 10 years ago and never missed one since. We are already looking forward to the next (outdoor) edition in April 2007, anybody want to join me?

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Apologies in advance Dan if this is too far off subject.

Ron,
Largest Jukebox show in the world?

Wow I never heard about this show before.

We have some locally large jukebox shows but they contain all coin operated gaming equipment. But these do not qualify as the largest shows by any means.

I would be in Heaven being surrounded by all those old jukeboxes.

I am really picky though and prefer the early years with 45 rpm records.

Seeburg B (1950), and the Seeburg G (1954 that I own). Prices are expensive here ($3,500 to $5,000) in really good condition.

Do you ever get a booklet regarding the show? I would be really interested in seeing anything published regarding this show. The person I e-mail in the Netherlands used to send me all sorts of things regarding 50's memoribilia. She collects hand held pencil sharpeners (as do I). She has over 8,000 last count.

Of course I would pay shipping costs for any literature that you can send to me.

Thanks,

Curt in MD
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

savvy59 wrote:Ron,

I found this link to last year's show (this year apparently isn't up yet) -- pinball emphasis, though:

http://www.flippers.be/srosm2005.html

Such a significant event, and I didn't even realize when I was there!

...although, I often don't realize the significance of things when they happen to me :roll:

No doubt Ron has some better links...
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Dan,

Thanks for the link - I got my Jukebox "FIX" for today.

Great pictures on that site.

That old article complained about attendance - what was this year's show like regarding attendance?

Curt in MD
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

savvy59 wrote:Apologies in advance Dan if this is too far off subject.

Ron,

We have some locally large jukebox shows but they contain all coin operated gaming equipment. But these do not qualify as the largest shows by any means.

I would be in Heaven being surrounded by all those old jukeboxes.

I am really picky though and prefer the early years with 45 rpm records.

Seeburg B (1950), and the Seeburg G (1954 that I own). Prices are expensive here ($3,500 to $5,000) in really good condition.

Do you ever get a booklet regarding the show? I would be really interested in seeing anything published regarding this show. The person I e-mail in the Netherlands used to send me all sorts of things regarding 50's memoribilia. She collects hand held pencil sharpeners (as do I). She has over 8,000 last count.

Of course I would pay shipping costs for any literature that you can send to me.

Thanks,

Curt in MD
Curt,

I do not have a lot of good links for this show :( I do have a few though:
http://www.gameroomantiques.com/NelsonVideo.htm is one of the links in English (I guess you prefer that over Dutch) but there are not a lot of pictures on line. You can also use this Google link to pick your own favourites http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=roc ... ebox&meta= and for pictures you can try "rock around the jukebox" in Google pictures.

There are no booklets that I know of from this fair but I will look for them. And when I find other stuff about the fifties I will make sure I get a copy for you. No need to pay for shipping literature, if it isn't too much I can ship from the office.

If I find things I can make pictures of it and email them to you if you give me your email in a PM. Also I might have some pencil sharpeners lying around.

Jukeboxes are expensive here too, a good original Wurlitzer 2104 like I have is priced at 7500 Euro, converterted to $ that would be about $9300.
And you see more and more Americans at the show buying machines to bring them back to the USA.

Ron
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

I forgot the official website of the jukebox fair:
http://www.jukeboxfanaat.nl/jukeboxfanaat/index2.html click on "beurs" (fair) to see some pictures of past events.

And maybe you like these websites too:
a gas pump collection of a friend of mine http://www.antiekebenzinepompen.nl/

and the biggest jukebox dealer in the Netherlands who has his own museum http://www.jukeboxgallery.com/

Enjoy,
Ron
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Ron,

Thanks for all the information and links.

I just got off the phone with a friend that wants me to find a buyer for a very early(1917-1920) stand up Victrola Deluxe model with Mahogony case and nickel plated hardware.

Do you (or any dealers you know) ever buy here and ship back to the Netherlands?

This unit is a family piece in excellent condition and can be bought now before auction for about half the value.

Know anyone that has any interest?

Thanks again for the sites I will check them out this evening.

Curt in MD
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi Curt,

Send me some pictures by email and I'll ask around with some dealers I know. My email is rkeij@chello.nl

Ron
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Just today I got the Jukebox magazine in the mailbox and guess what.............
there is a picture in it of our 59 Sport Fury. It was made while Dan was driving it across the field but unfortunately the photographer clicked a little bit to early :(

You can also see the picture (s) on line http://www.jukeboxfanaat.nl/jukeboxfanaat/index2.html then click on "foto's" and click on "ROCK AROUND THE JUKEBOX 2006".

Ron
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:It was made while Dan was driving it across the field but unfortunately the photographer clicked a little bit to early :(
Which photographer was that, Ron? The one I ran over, or the one I backed into? :lol:

Actually, I didn't see the "foto's" button on that link -- I had to strip down the URL to the web entrance, and I was taken here where I then saw the button:

http://www.jukeboxfanaat.nl/jukeboxfana ... index.html

Also, with my impeccable Dutch 8) , I first went to the May fair, and not the October one at the bottom of the list.

So, how do you know I was driving? Is it because the driver's side tire is about to run over a rock?

Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Oh wait -- the button was there -- it's just hidden when your display is 1024x768. When I changed my display to 1280x1024 (font too small for this old man to read), the button appeared. So I'm not the only one who writes bad webcode!

Dan
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

It was the photographer that backed out :D

When I click the link the "foto" button is in the red bar (3rd from the right).

I know you were driving from the terrified look on faca of the man in the picture. And of course I can see the picture wasn't taken where the car was parked and the car with the flag left before we did so it must have been while you had your spin.