june 15, 2007

Your banter here!
batmobile

june 15, 2007

Post by batmobile »

clear ur calenders! Check this cool link out! It has a nice videof the 57 Plymouth being buried at the Tulsa Capital! Cheers

http://www.buriedcar.com

got this from the 57-58 site. i am diffenately going, hopefully in batmobile. anybody else gonna cruise down there in their '59? this is in tulsa, OK.--jeremy
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.
zook250

Post by zook250 »

myquick time player wont play the clip. anyone else having troubles?
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

zook250 wrote:myquick time player wont play the clip. anyone else having troubles?
Yeah it wont play for me either,i get the sound but not the video.......
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

really? i had no problems at all, it took like 30 secs to download and to start playing. r u using olders comps and/or slow connections?--jeremy
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

something called java script..
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

So anyone here going? I definately ain't gonna miss it. i don't care if i'm on my death bed, i'll wheelchair myself in if i have to. 8) I hope batmobile will be ready so i can drive her, i will have just right at a year to do the resto, i hope that's long enough. --j
big m

Post by big m »

Hi Jeremy, I will definitely be going. Sounds like you will have plenty of resto work within the next year!! ---John
In rust we trust!
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

Yeah, i don't even have the new engine and tranny for it yet. i'm gonna have to kick a$$ and take names to get it ready in time. :? we'll find out if i flounder or not. i'm trying to decide what type of paint to use. the only one i've done before is just plain on laquer based, but i'm not sure if it will weather the best. what did u use on ur '57 john? --j
big m

Paint

Post by big m »

Jeremy, on the '57 I used single stage DuPont Centari enamel. I have always had good lasting results with this brand. I tried PPG Delstar enamel, but after a couple years I had to start calling it Dullstar, as it kept oxidizing. I used the 2-stage type paint on the '59's chassis, and have plans to use it on the body, but this type of paint should only be used with the best respiratory systems, as it will physically harden in your lungs. One of these days I will get back on the '59 and make that decision.---John
In rust we trust!
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

when did u paint it, didn't u mention like '89 or something? i like the finish on ur '57, it looks pretty good. my olds is the one i painted last, the only paint i've done thus far and that laquer is oxidizing like nobody's business. on the '59 i'm going to paint the wheel wells and radiator support gloss black, not sure which yet. frame will be painted with spray cans of bed liner unless i decide otherwise. painted my metal batt. tray in my olds with it and it seams to be doing great, plus with the finish if it gets a nick in it i won't sweat it. how long do u plan on staying in OK in '07? Rueben says he's gonna fly out and stay at my place for a couple of days. i may try to borrow my folk's 18' pontoon and take it out to the lake for some fishing/tubing. if i do, ur more than welcome to come, and there be all the keystone u can drink :wink: . --j
big m

Post by big m »

Thanks for the invite, Jeremy! I'll know better what my plans will be a bit closer to the event. I had painted the '57 just about 3 years ago, and the car is driven daily, rain or shine, and i have gotten a few nicks in the paint along the way. Enamel is fairly easy to touch up,though. ---John
In rust we trust!
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

3 years, that's about how long ago i painted my olds. just as well i guess, it was just a cheap spray anyways. by the looks of it we're the only ones on this forum going to tulsarama. i wonder how many total forward lookers r going. --j
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Hi Jeremy - Wish I could go, my first new car was a 57 Plymouth, I was 23 years old. But it's quite a drive from South Florida and with the price of gas I'll have to pass. I will rely on you guys letting us know how it was.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

i'll try to take as many pics as possible. i know what u mean on gas. my 18 gallon tank was empty, and i put $50 in and it was still several gallons shy of full. i remember just a couple of years ago, the tank could be bone dry and $25 dollars would fill it up, my how the prices have changed. i went from north cali to OK last summer with gas averaging 2.20 a gallon and i spent about $600 round trip. that was at 15-17 miles per gallon. gonna make the trip again next month, this time i'm gonna have to take out for a loan! :cry: --j