Chryslers at Carlisle 2016

Been to any good car shows lately? Got pix? Share your story!
Faulkner

Re: Carlisle 2016!

Post by Faulkner »

Dick,

Vans Auto reproduces all kinds of things. They want to reproduce the twin antennas for curved decks on 57-59 dodges and plymouths. The are going to reproduce from mine - from base to telescoping antenna to rubber grommet to gasket to washers to coax. Will prolly sell in the $500 range for a pair, and I will get a pair back! That, plus $175 off the cost of the tank, straps and filter. Not bad for a $100 investment in the antennas.

Dan

PS - I also scored a pair of bumper wings for $500, should rechrome nicely. They are not for me, though...
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Re: Carlisle 2016!

Post by Faulkner »

BTW, the pair I had were Chebby repops for $30. Somebody will buy 'em. Maybe I'll put on my Hyundai :D

Oh yeah - I had a dealer set aside ANOTHER pair of antenna bases, plus two decent mirrors, until the adjacent dealer who owned them got back in 20 minutes. When I returned, the box I had set aside was just being sold for $100. I shoulda been pissed - especially since the dealer hangs out in the Forward Look tent - but after the deals I made today, I guess I can't complain.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"