ANNUAL CLEWISTON, FL. SUGAR CANE FESTIVAL AND CAR SHOW - April 12, 2014

Been to any good car shows lately? Got pix? Share your story!
Dick Koch

ANNUAL CLEWISTON, FL. SUGAR CANE FESTIVAL AND CAR SHOW - April 12, 2014

Post by Dick Koch »

Sorry I have no pictures of the show, just a story. Our gang has been going to this show for at least the last ten years. The drive is about 1-1/2 hrs. thru the heart of the Sugar cane country of South Florida. Miles and Miles of Sugar Cane. Although I have seen Frank Lamp at this show a couple of times with his beautiful white 59 SF sporting dual quads on a 361 engine, the first time was in 2005. We made arrangement to park together this year, he came from Ft. Meyers on the west coast of Florida and I came from the east coast of florida. Clewiston is approx. mid state just below Lake Okeechobee. I got to the show early and saved a sport for Frank to park. Two 59 SF parked together was awsome and the hit of the show. I'm still kicking myself for missing the opportunity to take picture of these two cars parked together. It was a beautiful day, plenty of sunshine with a light breeze and not hot at all. Frank and I got to share a lot of War Stories and see some nice cars during the day. My group that caravaned from Palm Beach County was 6 cars and every one of us got an award. My hopes were shattered when Frank was called up for a top 20 award because as far as I was concerned there was no way two 59 Plymouths would get an award. After the top 20 were given out they gave awards for best paint, best interior, best engine bay and Best of Show. I was packing up to leave and putting my chairs in the trunk when to my amazement Car #2 belonging to Dick Koch was announced as BEST OF SHOW. I almost passed out. The top award at this show is always a conglomeration of Auto Parts welded and screwed together by the Big Lake Cruisers Car Club Motor Heads that put on the show. The one I got is two flywheels, on on top and one on bottom with a camshaft welded between the two. On the top is a round glass table top with a chromed shift handle sticking up out of the center of the glass. It looks pretty good in the family room and to my amazement it was Yvonne's idea.
See the pitchuhs of the trophy.
Dick.
100_2847.JPG
100_2848.JPG
100_2849.JPG
100_2854.JPG
100_2855.JPG
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Ron Keij

Re: ANNUAL CLEWISTON, FL. SUGAR CANE FESTIVAL AND CAR SHOW.

Post by Ron Keij »

Dick, congratulations on winning another trophy! But in my opinion they shouldn't give a trophy to someone who has not taken a single photo at the show :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol: This weekend I will try to find some pictures of the show on line, somebody must have posted a picture of the cars.

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Ron - Good idea about finding pictures on-line, But I ain't giving the trophy back.
Dick.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Frank Lamp's wife Kitty took this picture at the Sugar Festival and emailed it to me.
Dick.
Clewison_Sugar_Festival_2014_003.JPG