Carlisle 2010

Been to any good car shows lately? Got pix? Share your story!
Ron Keij

Carlisle 2010

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi all,

I just got home after a short trip to the US. The highlight of the trip was a visit to Chryslers@Carlisle 2010 and I have some pictures to share:

Before we started the roadtrip Carlisle we had to make sure that Faulkner was in good shape and that everything was in working order. Unfortunately the weather did not do much good for us with temperatures above 100F every day, and when you are going to the garage and have to look at the pool every time was no help either but we did enjoy the pool! Not good enough for a Olympic medal but we can practice more next year.

01.jpg

After Matthew finished the car while we were in the pool we could start with the first leg of the trip. We went to meet Earl Hess, he has two beautiful cars and can only drive one of them at a time. Last year we offered to drive one of the cars to Carlisle and that is what we did. Matthew loved the convertible and Earl said well if you have a drivers license go ahead and drive it. At that time Matthew was in the car already after lowering the top :lol:

02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

I got in Earl's black Sport Fury hardtop to make some movies on our way to the show and Matthew (co-pilot John Quinn) and Dan were following.

05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg

When we arrived at the grounds we found two other 59's there, Curt Lambdin's Savoy and Jim Hamsher's Sport Fury convertible.

08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

We had a great time and before we knew it was time for dinner. we decided to go to Hoss' Steak House. Earl went home before we went there but Curt and Jo-Ann and their lovely daughter Grace, Forwardlook Frank and his father, John Quinn, Matthew, Dan and I had a terrific time with good food and great company.

12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

We drove to the hotel and after checking in all we wanted was a shower and go to sleep.

16.jpg
17.jpg
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Ron Keij

Re: Carlisle 2010

Post by Ron Keij »

The next morning I woke up and it was a lot cooler than the day before 8) Unfortunately the cooler weather came also with rain and it kept raining until we arrived at the show, the minute we arrived it stopped raining :D

18.jpg
19.jpg
En route to the Fairgrounds, taking that turn in Mechanicsburg

We decided to see if there were any nice cars for sale and guess what, we found a 59 Sport Fury for sale. It was a decent car but the price was a bit high (I think he was asking $35,000).

20.jpg

Because Curt had to leave early we decided to have the group photo around noon, too bad that Jim Hamsher did not return to the show on Saturday so we had "only" 4 cars in the picture. There were more owners present at the show but they were not there when we made the picture and did not bring their car, we met Mark Coudriet, Forwardlook Frank, Dieter Bauer, Octie Ham, Davis Wilson, Jeff from Ohio, Jim Rawa and I am sure I am forgetting at least one other 59 owner. Maybe Dan will remember more names?

21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg

We checked out the parts for sale and then went to the Forwardlook tent to chat with the others. We had a great time and before we knew it was time for chicken dinner at the tent.

25.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg

At dusk Dave Stragand started the drive-in movie and there were at least 60 people watching the movie. He has done a lot for the forwardlook cars in general and he really deserves the "coolest hang out place" award at Carlisle! Around midnight we were so tired that we decided to go back to the hotel and after saying "see you next year" to everybody it was time to go. We did not go back on Sunday because I wanted to be back for the soccer final between the Netherlands and Spain.............. no regrets but I was very disappointed.

32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg
36.jpg
37.jpg
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...