2012 revisited PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!

rankinrr

2012 revisited PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!

Post by rankinrr »

Cold day here in Southeast Michigan. I'm bored, so put together photos of the Belvedere that I took over the last year. Let's all make a resolution to post more photos in 2013.

jan12.jpg
It was a warm January day, so the car came out for a warm up. No snow in 2012.
march12 (2).jpg
March 2012. First ride of the new year.
march12.jpg
Just a neat photo taken afer the first ride of the year in March. What can I say, I love my Belvey!!!!!
may12.jpg
Had a get together with the guys in May, so out came the ride. It was a beer and hot dog kinda meeting. They are the best.
june12 (2).jpg
Got both my rides out of my 1 1/2 car garage that June day. I went through the 1983 CJ 7 in 2000.
june12.jpg
June car show locally here. Had dinner and a few beers and enjoyed the evening.
august12.jpg
August had the Telegraph Road Cruise. I like crusin' after dark. Car looks best in the dark LOL
sept12.JPG
September the Ford Yacht Club Car show was held. It was a GREAT day.
sept122.JPG
The September car show this year was the biggest yet. People were all over the place that day. Everyone had a great time down by the water.
november12.jpg
November was here and it was a nice evening for a ride.
carbproblem.jpg
December brought carb problems. Thanks to all here for all the help. Runs good now.
59rudolph1211.JPG
December Ho Ho Ho, got the Belvey out for a few rides that month.
59rudolph12112.JPG
Got a lot of waves and thumbs up with the Rudolph look. It was a good look.
59rudolph126.JPG
The Belvey wanted to go look at Christmas Lights. I just went along for the ride.

So there it is, 2012 is just another memory. This sorta summed up my travels in 2012. All local. A few shows each month in evenings. Some nice rides with my Dad, who had a 59 HT Belvey. Going to keep it original for as long as I can. So take lots of pictures in 2013 and show em. Hope 2013 is a safe and prosperous year for all.
Rob R
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: 2012 revisited PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Atta Boy Rob! The quiet times of winter needs to be jostled a bit with some 59 Pictures. New or Old to keep the 59 spirit alive till Warmer weather arrives (exception is Dick Koch, who always has warm weather!)

John Q/
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Nice all around! What does the interior look like?
For sure we all would enjoy more photos posted on this site!
rankinrr

Post by rankinrr »

The interior is about perfect. Hard to believe. Just a few tears on back of front bench on drivers side. I put the sport coat over it. Plus it goes with the hat. The interior is what really sold the car. When I looked at it, I had a buddy with me that has owned cars and he just poo pooed the car. I crawled in and looked around and notice it was all there. Once I got the drive shaft, air filter cover etc., out of back seat that is. Headliner is intact. It was love at first site. The door panels were black with dirt and dust was an inch thick. The last photo was day it came home. It is hard to believe it is original. Except that radio. Not to bragg, but best $1,800 I spent. Did I mention that included the flat bed delivery :o
5217.JPG
5218.JPG
5219.JPG
52110.JPG
105_2817.JPG
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Thanks Rob. It is a sweet ride!! Promise to keep the camera at the ready in 2013.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

That interior would sell me on the car (for $1800, delivered)!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Nice car,and your havin fun!!!! I could toss alot of pics up here as well,but it would look like A 55 buick,we didn't get the 59 Plymouth until last year,hopefully I will have A bunch for next year
IMG_0126.JPG
IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0036.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
rankinrr

Post by rankinrr »

Thanks all. I do enjoy the car. My Jeep too. I am amazed how a car can sit for 30 years, this one in a good environment, and with a couple months of work in the driveway after work with simple hand tools and it is back on the road. And YES TO PHOTOS in 2013. Take those pictures boys. Don't need to be special. I don 't see any 59 Plymouths out this way, so you guys are my source. :lol: It's easy. Take your camera and snap a shot. Most all the pictues taken in 2012 above are from my cell phone. PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES!!
Rob R
jason

Post by jason »

I love your Belvy Rob......real nice colour and the interior is real nice too.
cant wait to start my coupe......
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Ok, here are some pictures taken today at a park in my subdivision. I was tempted to drive further into the park for a better back drop of the foothills but neighbors and our covenants would be mad at me (again!)

Ron, Margo & Matthew have been to this park when visiting me.

Temps were in the upper 50's with low 60's expected on Sunday. :D

John Q.

IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Thanks for the pictures, John!
Another color-coordinated layout, with blue car played off blue sky...white highlights on car echoing the patches of snow on ground. (and the cleanliness of the car repeats the antiseptic theme of the neighborhood :P )
Reminds me of the pictures sent by Mark Evans, with his car well staged in the East Coast autumn leaves.
I don't mean to sound like some sort of photo expert! Over the past 2-3 years my teenage daughter has demonstrated that she has a great 'eye' for picking out the perfect picture (http://www.rhiannadavisphotography.com), and as a result I have become more aware of "good" photos ;-)
Question: why can't you drive into this park? is it for pedestrians only? Covenants work both ways, huh?
Last edited by rogerh on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Thanks John-professional looking resto and picures!!
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Steve Storey wrote:Thanks John-professional looking resto and picures!!
Steve, As long as we stay 20" away it is looking good! :roll: The turquoise paint always looks like just plain blue in any pictures I take. I need to get a blue car next to me for a better color comparison.

Roger, unfortunately the park is just for walking and Playing in. Maybe early in the morning I can drive up there and take some pictures and get out before anyone spots me.

I will have to scout out some other spots in the neighborhood that might show the backdrop better. Or just bring a ladder and get elevated a bit for a better angle.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I like the ladder idea. It's different.
I knew your car was turquoise; blue was easier to type :)
Denver 59 Fin Convert

I hear you Roger, if it was not for auto correct I would spell Turquoise wrong all the time! I did go out and take some pictures to see I if I can get a better back drop view. So I went on the other side of the lake that we are near and shot this pic.

I did meet another couple from Michigan and his Dad had a 59 DeSoto 2 door Sportsman back in the day, He had a really nice camera and took some pics too and said he would email them to me today. So maybe one more pic and then I am done for a while....

John Q.
IMG_0019.JPG
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)