Matthew Keij's Fury - Poortviliet, NL

Faulkner

Matthew Keij's Fury - Poortviliet, NL

Post by Faulkner »

Yes, we all know that Matthew moved on from this rather ambitious restoration project, and acquired a '59 Sport Fury convertible instead! And, that this Fury has since become a parts car. Still, in the interest of historical preservation, I present what once was here. -Dan

7.jpg

Well, this could be the start of something big! Matthew has joined the ranks of '59 Plymouth owners (with Dad's help), having recently acquired a fine ready-to-assemble specimen of a Fury! Ron Keij writes, "Everything was there according to the seller, but nothing is attached to the car -- it was everywhere around the car. I took a good look at the trim parts and it all looked OK. But it will be an adventure to build it back up! Options on the car include: 318 engine, Torqueflite and Air Conditioning."
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

The Start of Something Big

Post by Faulkner »

20.jpg

Matthew is on Cloud 9. He writes: "Finally I can join the group!! I was in for 50% but now i'm in for 100%!! It's an All In The Family part 2!!!"
"I'm thinking about selling my bass guitars and stop playing in a band. The car is worth more to me and it's going to be with me forever! I don't think I will play in a band forever -- well, OK, I'm sure about that. I need lots of parts and I can buy them with that money. I hope we'll have storage for the car soon. The sooner, the better..."

(Indeed, the Fury now has a place to live.)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

Matthew's already thinking about paint! He asks, "Do you have some colour combo suggestions for me? I like the mint green/emerald green poly combo (like the UFO Fury and like Tom Fox's Belvy) and I also like that Yellow UFO Belvy. Also the Palomino beige/Bronze poly UFO Fury is supernice!" Well, I think he has a way to go before he gets to the paint booth. But it's the getting there that's fun. Congrats, Matthew!

14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
Faulkner

When Chrissie Met... ?

Post by Faulkner »

46.jpg

Matthew's Fury remains yet unnamed. But on this day, en route to its new place of storage, the Fury met Chrissie. Why does The Beatles song "I'm Looking Through You" come to mind?!

31.jpg
32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg
36.jpg
37.jpg
38.jpg
39.jpg
40.jpg
41.jpg
42.jpg
43.jpg
44.jpg
45.jpg
47.jpg
48.jpg
49.jpg
Faulkner

All's Weld that Ends Weld

Post by Faulkner »

51.jpg

"Welding is finished on Matthew's Fury", says Ron. "In a couple of weeks it will look like an actual car! It will go back to his garage so he can fit all other parts and take off the old paint before we can take it to the paint shop."

50.jpg
52.jpg
53.jpg
54.jpg
55.jpg
56.jpg
57.jpg
58.jpg
59.jpg
60.jpg
61.jpg
62.jpg