Steven Beaty - Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Faulkner

Steven Beaty - Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Post by Faulkner »

1.jpg

"This car had been my brother-in-law's car for about 25 years", says Steven. "In 1988 I drove it whenever I was in Arlington, TX where he lived. I fell in love with it.

He had left it to rot about 5 years ago in their front yard. I told him if he wasn't going to do anything with it, sell it to me. He told me he wanted $1,500.00 for it, but he would take $1,000.00 from me. I bought it 3 weeks later and towed it to my friends auto shop here in OKC.

We plan to do a full body off restoration and put a 440 Hemi with dual carbs and a 4-speed torque Flight in it. My color scheme at this point is Candy Apple Red with Pearl white inlays and a pearl white roof.

Unfortunately, I am a truck driver, so I don't get a bunch of time to work on it. This is going to take a long time..."

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

These shots were taken September 27, 2005. Steven writes, "today we got the body and frame back from the media blasters. Here what it looks like now. My next step is to replace the floorpans and get the rest of the rust and cancer out. I have a long way to go."

7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"