Ron Swartley - Harrisburg, PA, USA

Faulkner

Ron Swartley - Harrisburg, PA, USA

Post by Faulkner »

Here's a posting from 2004 - saving for posterity! -Dan

ronswartley.jpg
convert1.jpg

Ron no longer owns his '59 Sport Furys -- in fact, he himself doesn't know where they are at present (anyone out there know?) -- but he reminisces: "Dan, at 16 years old my Dad helped me buy a 56 Fury. I had 3 jobs, passing papers, Weis Supermarket Cashier after school and a Car Hop at the Big Drive Inn restaurant where all the hot cars hungout. ( like Mel's Drive Inn in the American Graffiti movie.) Saturday evening I would go to (Pennsylvania) York US 30 Drag strip and race my Fury... I bought the 56 Fury when it was one year old. I traded the 56 Fury in 1962 on a white 59 Sport Fury, it was later painted Corvette Nassau Blue.

I bought my buddy's 59 Sport Fury Convertible since he was going in the service, and later traded it on a 59 DeSoto Adventurer, and on and on and on and on. No one ever saw a DeSoto Adventure on the drag strip. I won about 6 trophies out of 8 trophy races.

Four days short of 40 years to the day I traded it, I had traced my original 56 Fury down to it present owner. After much talking and dealing he sold me my first love back. It was completely restored and I have it today and I feel like I am 16 again, well, almost. I also have a 58 Fury with Golden Commando."

elvis.jpg
"Today I own a Marketing and Research Business and out of 3,600 Elvis Entertainers in the world I am ranked #3."
Uh... Thank you Ron. Thank you very much.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"