Chuck Hazelton - Chiloquin, OR, USA

Faulkner

Chuck Hazelton - Chiloquin, OR, USA

Post by Faulkner »

Yeah. I know. Chuck sold this 'vert to Vic Barone Down Under! You can read all about Vic's spectacular rebuild effort here. Chuck's comments will be added as a footnote to Vic's Showcase entry as it nears completion.

"Hey fellow 'Forward Lookers', I'm Charles (Chuck) Hazelton, an old coot who's been a certified car nut since the early 50s. My first car was a 47 Ford 2 dr. sedan that I bought for $75 when I was 17. It wasn't until 63 that I got my first MOPAR- a 63 Fury, 318, torqueflite. Traded in a 58 Chevy Impala conv. (OK, that wasn't too smart) but the Fury was pretty sweet."

1.JPG

"Drove that until I fell in love with the 67 Barracuda. Formula S fastback, 273 w/4bbl & auto. As the family grew that got traded on a Dodge van conversion. In between practical cars were the 'projects'...30 Ford roadster pickup w/Olds V8, 41 Cadillac 4dr sedan, 68 Firebird conv (restored for my son), 64 Olds 98 conv, 65 Ford Galaxie 500 conv. and now, finally, the car of my dreams, 59 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible..."

2.JPG
3.JPG

"The 59 is pretty solid with a little rust thru on the lower quarters. It came with the 318 power pack, powerflite, power swivel seat and power steering. Planned upgrades are: Torqueflite, power brakes, rear antennas, remote outside mirror and AP-1 underdash record player (I know it didn't come out until '60 but you could take your car in & have the dealer install it so I think it's legitimate). It was built at the Newark plant & was originally white. I'm going to paint it the Bronze Metallic color that was available that year. White just isn't dramatic enough for a car of this stunning beauty. Getting the major body work done now. Will eventually rotisserie the body and do a frame off, complete restoration."
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"