Finally getting front seat back soon

Guyman

Finally getting front seat back soon

Post by Guyman »

After a long arduous road., my "Front seat" is about to be finished from my upholstery guy....10 months later!...haha...wonder how long it will take to get the back seat?...I guess all I need is the front to drive it. Wahoo......!

front.seats.jpg

Been getting some feedback on the back of the seats....so was wondering what is "correct"...this is how I did it...not sure what is right., I have seen so many different ways that they have been done., but I liked this way...someone told me they should be black?????...that just didn't seem right at all!!!

front.seats.2.jpg
Matthew Keij

Re: Finally getting front seat back soon

Post by Matthew Keij »

That was me about the back parts of the seat!
Dick can probably post pics of his seat from Greenie.

I know the copper and red interior has black parts on the back.
Dick probably knows the name on the stuff they used :mrgreen:

Other than that. Love your seats!!!!
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

They used Black Cut Pile Carpet on the back of the seats and the kick strip on the botton of the doors.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

The Green 59's front seats have green vinyl on the back of the seats, I don't think thats correct.
Dick.
tomf

Post by tomf »

Dick, every stock SF I have had or seen, the filler on the back of the front seats and the door bottoms are the same carpet as the car.
Tom
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Thanks Tom - That's what I thought also.
Dick.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

But, I gotta say, the back of Guyman's seat look outstanding and cool.
Dick.
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

Well, whatever the verdict, my guy did an excellent job, I had him make my clear slip covers too, so I can use them for daily driving and take them off at shows, held on by velcrow, easy to put on and remove...

.I am restoring a 60 Desoto Adventurer HT 2Door at the same time, so the SF is just getting restored to nice driver status for now while the Desoto gets finished.... Then will put some more into the SF.

I like the way the seats turned out, even though not 100% correct???they look great in the car.
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

Well, whatever the verdict, my guy did an excellent job, I had him make my clear slip covers too, so I can use them for daily driving and take them off at shows, held on by velcrow, easy to put on and remove...

image.jpg

.I am restoring a 60 Desoto Adventurer HT 2Door at the same time, so the SF is just getting restored to nice driver status for now while the Desoto gets finished.... Then will put some more into the SF. Attached are Picts of he desoto front end....I know, the valve covers and air cleaner are suppose to be gold...I like them car color!!!

But I do like the way the seats turned out, even though not 100% correct???they look great in the car.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Don't get me wrong, your seats look great!!!
I didn't knew if you wanted 100% originality.

I am also following your Desoto on the forward look forums.
You have some skills!!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Hey Guyman - We have a lot in common, I also have a 1960 Desoto. It's the first old car I purchased in 2001. I'm the third owner and it had 48,000 original miles on it, it has 67,000 now. It's an Adventurer four door sendan and my wife's favorite.
Dick.
017.jpg
018.jpg
019.jpg
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

You guys both have a 59 Plymouth, both have a 60 Desoto and both have great skills!

Long lost twin brothers? :mrgreen:
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

Hey, pretty cool...I love the 59s.....but the 60 adventurers are quite a bit more rare...so jumped on a chance to buy a nice almost rust free one...I have a post going on Forward Look about it....almost ready to fire up.

Not too sure when I will be getting the back seat for the 59....but did take it out today for a cruise...was a beautiful day here in Sacramento.

I still got a lot of work on the SF to do...needs wide whites, install correct mirrors, and while installing a windshield with one of those new gaskets...cracked it....so taking a trip up to Johns soon for another....uggggg. john supplied me with a used gasket this time so this one won't crack.

Dick, you got some nice rides.......actually to be honest...I saw your fury on the internet that got me interested in the 59 furys when I first started looking for one....I've owned two now...and a 56 dodge, 56 desoto, and now the 60 desoto...so have "acquired" a taste for these classics in the past two years....before that, I was strictly Shelby's a n mustangs for 30 years....lol

Last time I took the 59 out, I almost caused two accidents from people looking at the car while driving. Ha ha

thanks Matt for the kind words!
image.jpg
image.jpg