From Brazil!

[<o>] Anderson

From Brazil!

Post by [<o>] Anderson »

Hello guys. I live in Brazil, and I have a 59" Savoy. My car is well destroyed, but I love him! And I want to rebuild it slowly. Congrats for this forum, It's an incredible space! I hope I can contribute! (sorry, my english is terrible hahaa)
IMG_1052.jpg
Faulkner

Re: From Brazil!

Post by Faulkner »

Hello Anderson! Your car is... um, interesting! I like the hood ornament, I don't recognize that option for 1959 :lol:

You have your work cut out for you, but we are here to help. How did you come to own the car? Do you know if it was in Brazil most of its life, or how it got there?

Welcome aboard!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Hi Anderson!

Good to see you found your way to the forum :mrgreen:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

It has bumper wings as well,post more pics Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Welcome Anderson - l completed a restoration and started with less than you have. Work on it as much as possible and to make absolutely sure you reach completion plan a trip today, keep that vision in your mind and before you know it you will be on your way. Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question. If you haven't already the first thing to do is get a 57, 58 maintenance manual, a 1959 supplement and a parts book. Keep us posted with your progress with lots of pictures.
Happy Restoration,
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
[<o>] Anderson

Post by [<o>] Anderson »

Faulkner wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:42 pm Hello Anderson! Your car is... um, interesting! I like the hood ornament, I don't recognize that option for 1959 :lol:

You have your work cut out for you, but we are here to help. How did you come to own the car? Do you know if it was in Brazil most of its life, or how it got there?

Welcome aboard!

Dan
hahahah "Interesting" is an "interesting" way to describe it. You were very kind haha.

My English is pretty bad, but I'll try to explain.
It's a well-detonated car, but gradually I'm going to bring it back to life. In Brazil it is a very rare model, there must be at most five models in the whole country. I believe this car entered the country along the Uruguayan border and was kept in a shed along with several other cars. The car went through several bad renovations, and the old owner's idea was to do a complete restoration. However, 15 years passed and nothing was done until I was able to buy the vehicle. (I already took that ornament from the hood, it's from a Ford Mercury rsrs)
[<o>] Anderson

Post by [<o>] Anderson »

Matthew Keij wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:21 am Hi Anderson!

Good to see you found your way to the forum :mrgreen:

Thank you, Matthew! I knew you would be here! These days I was looking at your city through Google Maps hahaha spectacular place!
[<o>] Anderson

Post by [<o>] Anderson »

Dick Koch wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:48 pm Welcome Anderson - l completed a restoration and started with less than you have. Work on it as much as possible and to make absolutely sure you reach completion plan a trip today, keep that vision in your mind and before you know it you will be on your way. Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question. If you haven't already the first thing to do is get a 57, 58 maintenance manual, a 1959 supplement and a parts book. Keep us posted with your progress with lots of pictures.
Happy Restoration,
Dick
Dick, thank you very much for the encouragement. I confess that I often thought of giving up considering a difficulty of finding parts here in Brazil, bad labor, lack of information. Restoring a car here is not a very easy task. But I really like this car and I want to finish it! I got the manuals. Matthew Keiji helped me find the brake parts, and at the moment I'm redoing the electrical part. Thanks for the reception. I have some photos and even some videos that I'll post later. Thanks!
[<o>] Anderson

Post by [<o>] Anderson »

55 survivor wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:23 pm It has bumper wings as well,post more pics Mark
I'm separating more photos. =D
[<o>] Anderson

Post by [<o>] Anderson »

more pics
IMG-20150510-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20150701-WA0105.jpg
IMG-20151112-WA0074.jpg
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

[<o>] Anderson wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:31 pm Matthew Keij helped me find the brake parts, and at the moment I'm redoing the electrical part.
Matthew is a champion for all things '59 Plymouth! I am sure he has already asked your for a pic of your data plate for his database :mrgreen: He will do everything he can to help get your Plymouth roadworthy, as will the rest of us. Let us know how we can help!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
[<o>] Anderson

Post by [<o>] Anderson »

Faulkner wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:58 pm
[<o>] Anderson wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:31 pm Matthew Keij helped me find the brake parts, and at the moment I'm redoing the electrical part.
Matthew is a champion for all things '59 Plymouth! I am sure he has already asked your for a pic of your data plate for his database :mrgreen: He will do everything he can to help get your Plymouth roadworthy, as will the rest of us. Let us know how we can help!

Dan
Very nice!!! Thank you very much for the support. At the moment I am doing a list of parts that are missing, and as soon as I finish I will post here. I also want to post a video I made of the car riding for the first time in fifteen years!