Newbie to forum

Matthew Keij

Re: Newbie to forum

Post by Matthew Keij »

That does look like factory air!!
If you look at the heater box in the engine bay it should be a 2 part box, then it's factory air.

Please post more pics, I really enjoy these :D
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Yes Matt, the rest of us enjoy posted pictures too.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
william0431

Post by william0431 »

I can not believe I am just now seeing this! This was the exact same car I nearly bought in Las Vegas!!!!!!!! I looked at it and loved it but tried talking the owner down some because I new it was going to take some work and walked away. Spent the rest of the day debating it and that evening decided to pay his asking price.... called him and found out he sold it just a few hours after I left!!!!! if you go to my intro on the site I even mention this story!!! I even remember him telling me about people who wanted to drive it home HAHA. He mentioned that the guy he sold it to had a 59 SF convertible. I thought that was really cool that some one out there would be able to park them next to each other. It is crazy how small this 59 Plymouth world is.

It was running and had I really realized how amazingly special a car it was I would of paid his asking price right off the bat haha. A SF with Golden Commando and A/C what was I thinking passing on that!!! I was just trying to save a couple hundred bucks :/ It was a valuable lesson I have learned when special parts or cars come up for sale sometimes it is worth it to pay what the asking price is, rather risk losing out all together. This white SF, the first emerald green SF, a 71 barracuda all thought me that lessons and I have gotten a little better at pulling the trigger on deals rather than waiting or dickering too much over price.

I am glad it is getting some love and restored. After missing out on that car I searched and finally found my 59 SF in emerald green although its a 318 with out A/C and much much rougher than that one. That White one is one of those cars I will always remember as "one that got away". If you ever decide to sell it or are interested in trading for something out of my car collection let me know!