Newbie to forum

yakky

Newbie to forum

Post by yakky »

Hi guys My name is Rex Im located in Modesto Ca I go under the name of kiwi ,but I see there is another kiwi on the forum,I have been veiwing the forum for a while ,thought Id chip in as we know parts for these arent everywhere like 50's chevy stuff , so contacts are everything. I have a 59 sport fury convert ,and a 59 sport fury HT both white convert is red int,HT is copper,,convert is done car , Ht I recently purchased from Las Vegas, apparently guy had owned it from 64 and parked it in 80,Nice body,and livable paint but need to give it a once over ,factory a/c I believe ,but interior foam is thrashed so am going to do the seats ,fix radiator and brakes and seats and just drive as a survivor,not a spec of rust,at least havent found any yet,I can already hear all you back east doubting thomases ,but honestly nice orig old body,Id put some pics on If I could work out the how to method ,when I click on insert image ,doesnt give me anywhere to pull file from , although Im not a computer whizz either, Have a restoration shop ,been living here from down under for 25 years,,Im not biased either have many brands in my stock from 30;s to muscle cars, speak very small amounts of mopar but not totally fluent,so take it easy on me.
20151007_082346_resized.jpg
20151007_082743_resized.jpg
nsmail-242.jpg
nsmail-243.jpg
nsmail-249.jpg
nsmail-250.jpg
nsmail-367.jpg
nsmail-368.jpg
nsmail-369.jpg
nsmail-370.jpg
nsmail-372.jpg
Last edited by yakky on Sun May 22, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Faulkner

Re: Newbie to forum

Post by Faulkner »

Greetings Rex! To upload pictures, you have to click on the "attachments" tab just below the text window where you are entering your post. You can then browse from there using the "add files" button.

But, there's even an easier way! Just drag (by holding down the left mouse button over the picture file, and dragging the pointer) into the text box. Your pictures will automatically upload.

Hope to see lots of pics - and, please post your VINs for Matthew Keij (an inaugural member of this forum) to decode!

Dan (owner of Faulkner, author of The Sound and the Fury)
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
yakky

Post by yakky »

Iam currently on the hunt for a driver door glass assembly for the HT ,and believe its tinted as its an air car, also if anyone knows a place who sews up interior seat covers to stock, ,I thought I saw someone doing a whole interior kit on ebay for like 3800 but that was everything , but cant find them again, Im hip with having them sewn and have a real good uphosterer that will did it , I just thought it would be easier if I could find them presewn, I know sms,has the material ,just trying to save some hassle ,also need a trunk lock for the HT are they the same as anything else.?, The rest I need is basic stuff ,and general mechanical work,, thanks for any leads would be appreciated, already called john on the glass a while back but came up empty, If I have to get a new one cut I while ,id just like to try to keep id sort of the same patina as the rest.
big m

Post by big m »

Welcome to the board, Kiwi!

I have a number of '59 parts cars here, and probably have what you're needing. You're about a 2 1/2 hour drive south of me.

---John
In rust we trust!
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Welcome!!!

Great cars, the vert is looking sweet!
Post pics of your vin's and data plates if they have any. M29310**** don't have data plates though
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Welcome Rex - No pre-sewn seat covers. You have to get a local upholsterer. However I orderd a set of clear plastic seat covers from J.C. Whitney and they fit perfectly, even the dip in the middle of the back seat in my 2 dr. hardtop. They probaly could make you some slip covers but they wouldn't be factory. I have a factory air Sport Fury but none of the windows are tinted. ??????? John at Big M should have a trunk lock but with a key is another question. The fellow with the seats is Mopar Mel, be careful with him, just sayin!!!.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
yakky

Post by yakky »

thanks ,reason I am doing the seats is the foam is just gold dust, Ive got an upholster that just sewed up an intrior for a one owner 270 model dart for me because legendary dont do that model , I used their material and sewed to orig specs and it looks perfectly factory , owner was blown away, so my guy can do it ,I know its not cheap as material is 160 a yard and 80 yd vynil, I;ll continue on I just thought if I can find some already together then Id go that route.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

(Had to give you your own "avatar" [posting icon], doncha know! Editor)
yakky

Post by yakky »

thanks I was trying to work that out as well , If it was a 4 speed Ive have done it already!!
yakky

Post by yakky »

here are the tags on my Hard top ,I dont believe my convert has one on the pillar
nsmail-367.jpg
nsmail-368.jpg
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Ah! You got the hardtop from Chris :mrgreen:

Already had decoded it for him a while ago.
Dash pad wasn't original. Car was build May 5th 1959.
Solex glass, undercoating, deluxe mirror, heater, radio and torqueflite
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

On the pic of your engine on the convertible I think I see the VIN on the cowl just above the brake booster.

Your hardtop is the 2482th Sport Fury build in L.A
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Matthew Keij wrote:On the pic of your engine on the convertible I think I see the VIN on the cowl just above the brake booster.
Eagle Eyes does it again!
20151007_082346_resized.jpg
yakky

Post by yakky »

Yes I bought it from chris, he said he remembered the car sitting just down the block his whole life as he was growing up , he went to school with the old mans son,who I guess drove it up till he parked it in 80, chris got it to run and drive , but needs considerably more than that to make it a good driver,Im going to go through all the brakes gas tank and radiator ,carb then well see about driving it , (chris said some yokels drove out from Los angeles to buy it but were planning on driving it back?????? Guess they must have been looking at different pics than what I was looking at, it was pretty obvlous a drive around the block with gas tank strapped under hood was more than a stretch for this car, but they had planned a nice 4 hour drive through the desert,!!! you gotta love the ambition of some people,thankfully chris was a man of his word , I had a friend who knows nothing about cars go look at it for me just for rust mainly , he said exactly what chris had told me, but unfortunately my trucker who was picking it up had his truck totalled for him about 30 mi from Las Vegas , when a car was hit from behind and come spinning down the freeway got wedged up between the back of his truck and a loaded 4 car 5th wheel, so him and his wife ended up in hospital(him with my cash in his pocket!!), , so in comes his son with a single axle trailer from oklahoma to pick it up and a week after everyone was out of hospital etc the car eventually got picked up , so was quite the ordeal , but chris said no sweat and didnt panic. quite the ordeal, so was this not factory air??
nsmail-369.jpg
nsmail-370.jpg
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Um... Chris? Chris who?