Arkansas '59er

oldwood

Arkansas '59er

Post by oldwood »

I was shopping for a '59 Dodge and found one in TN. While I was loading it I remembered I had spoke with a man 2 months prior, outside of Nashville who had 4 cars(2 cars and 2 trucks) and I called to find out if he still had them. He answered the phone and told me to come see him and he assured me I was going to buy all 4 of his vehicles. So back on the road with a '59 Dodge in tow for a 2hr additional drive. I pulled up to find a '60 Savoy and a '59 Belvedere stored inside a shed. The 2 trucks were parked outside. So the game began and a hour later I had bought all 4 vehicles. I paid half down and headed back to Arkansas. Long story short I went back a week later and picked up the '59 Belve. That whole week I was worried that I might get ripped off. It was originally from CA and I believe it had 3 previous owners. It is a CA Black Plate car and I have those plates that were issued in 1963. It has its original Window Sticker and has no trunk or floor pan rust. The man I bought it from drove from TN to CA in 1990 with his wife and drove it back and parked it sometime in 1990 till I bought it. The motor is locked up from moisture that occurred over 25 yrs of sitting. I'm hoping to drive it to the FL show in 2015 in Carlisle.
002.JPG
013.JPG
007.JPG
016.JPG
002.JPG
Faulkner

Re: Arkansas '59er

Post by Faulkner »

Wow! What a great barn-fresh find! It would be fantastic if you bring it to Carlisle...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Welcome-What a great find. Hope to see you at Carlisle.
oldwood

Post by oldwood »

Carlisle is my plan and reservations have been made. The motor really got hammered by condensation. Here are some pics of the engine when I removed the intake. My heart sank looking at this mess after lubing the Cyl's for 2 weeks. I'm going to tweak it with a better cam and upgrade to the Factory 4bbl that I pulled off of a '60 Dodge.
001.JPG
004.JPG
001.JPG
003.JPG
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Welcome Oldwood; That is A very good find and A very very coooool car!!!! I love it. Mark M
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

You finally made it here :mrgreen:

See you in Carlisle and you should bring the belvy!!!
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
oldwood

Post by oldwood »

I had forgot about this site. I'm trying to get a few things tied up before i start the engine build. Here are a couple of pics that I took while in TN picking up this car and a couple of the floor pan.
018.JPG
020.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
Vanish

Post by Vanish »

Now that your playing with them high class Dodge's you don't need that lowlife Plymouth ...... i have an extra parking space up north just waiting for it .... Both of my 60 Plymouth's are missing there older sister .

https://www.facebook.com/donna.rubright ... 146827168/

https://www.facebook.com/donna.rubright ... =2&theater
Will be adding my Signature soon as soon as i quit Procrastinating .... hey wait this is my Signature! .... Job Done !! :D