The '59 Forum and Facebook: A Marriage Made in Heaven!

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

The '59 Forum and Facebook: A Marriage Made in Heaven!

Post by Faulkner »

Have there been times where you've seen something on the '59 Forum, that you'd like to share with Facebook? Well now you can! If you look, after any post on the Forum you will see a little Facebook icon:

fb0.jpg

If you click on it - and, if your computer/tablet/phone has a cookie that automatically logs you into Facebook when you go to it (it should) - you'll get a popup window on Facebook that looks like this:

fb1.JPG

By default, the post will go to your News Feed on Facebook; optionally, you could add it to Your Story. But if you click on the News Feed or Story button at the top, you will optionally be able to select and share in one of your groups:

fb2.jpg

Once this option is selected, a line will appear where you can enter the name of one of your groups. Here I have entered just "1", and all of the groups in which I have membership containing that value appear for my further selection:

fb3.jpg

Note that you can only post to one group at a time. In this case, I've selected "1959 Plymouth". I then enter some text I want to accompany my Facebook Link to the '59 Forum - here I've entered "This is a test of posting a link to the '59 Forum in Facebook" (you might want to say, "having a problem with my distributor - check out this post") - then I click on the "Post to Facebook" button at the bottom:

fb4.jpg

Now refresh (or, open) the Facebook group where you've posted. Voila!

fb5.jpg

Click on the image, and you are taken directly to the post on the '59 Forum!

Take it out for a spin, and let me know what you think! With any luck, this will help drum up traffic for the '59 Forum.

For now, the picture that accompanies your posting is fixed, but I'm working on some programming that will change the picture every day. When the picture changes, it will change in every Facebook post containing a link to the '59 Forum! But, at least it will change...

OK, I'm waiting to see who is the first customer. When you post it, tell us about it here!

"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Re: The '59 Forum and Facebook: A Marriage Made in Heaven!

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:55 pm OK, I'm waiting to see who is the first customer. When you post it, tell us about it here!
Well, it looks like I'm the first customer :cry: I just used Pete and Brandi's introduction in a post to the Forward Look MoPar Network Facebook page. It's what I'm tawkin' about! :roll:

"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"