Finally!

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

Finally!

Post by Faulkner »

What a year (two?!?) it has been behind the scenes: Getting FancyBox pop-ups to work, getting pdfs to work with FancyBox, getting image orientation issues straightened out, getting topic icons to work, getting the software to work across PCs, tablets and phones, Apple or Windows or Android... (*whew!*) But it's all coming together now, and I'm finally to the point where the Forum is getting reorganized and content moved into it.

In coming days, expect material that was uploaded to the old 59plymouth.net to reappear. And all of that wonderful content that Ron put into the '59 Gallery? It will be appearing in the Forum as well - along with a lot of other material I have been squirreling away for this day. One-stop shopping for that '59 Plymouth Experience!

I've still got some of the categories locked down for now, but they will be opening up soon - some are open now, check and see if you can post or reply with your own material. Let's light up 59plymouth.net!

-Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
william0431

Re: Finally!

Post by william0431 »

That is great news! I am always excited to see new (to me any way) 59 Plymouth info and material! :mrgreen:

Many thanks for all your hard work as the man working the levers and buttons behind the curtain Dan.
WDJ40

Post by WDJ40 »

Dan. Thanks for all your work keeping the site going and updated.
I have not been on the site for a very long time, it has been a trying year for us all.

I would like to see the old files updated in the Forum, especially the Showcase.
Many of the original car owners from 15 to 20 years ago have sold their car to new owners or have passed on to Plymouth heaven.

I have owned Frank Lamp's black car since 2014 that was previously listed in the Showcase.
I am sure many of the other cars have new owners too.
We are all caretakers of these cars until it is time to pass them on to someone else.

Larry
'Get your motor runnin' Head out on the highway'
Looking for adventure' In whatever comes our way'

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Larry, I don't recall knowing that you acquired your SF from Frank Lamp! It seems that you should have your own page in the Showcase, no? Send me a blurb about yourself, send more pix (or I'll scavange from the site), and let's do this up proper! Thanks for your continuing support...

Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

The mushroom factor... :roll: In an effort to consolidate content spread hither and yon in this website, including the prodigious amount of work Ron put into building "The Gallery", I decided to clean up "It's Showtime". I have four Carlisle collections in the "Events" section of the old website; Ron added Carlisle 2011 in the Gallery. I'm getting ready to move that, but I see that all the entries in "It's Showtime" are out of chronological order. So, I spend several hours sorting that out; and then I realized, a lot of previous videos in now-obsolete formats (.flv, .wmv) is available for download only, not playable in the browser.

So starting with Ron's Carlisle 2010 contribution to the Forum, I converted these to the .mp4 web standard. Bottom line for the non-geeks: You ought to be able to play these videos right within your browser, and if you click on the thumbnail, it will pop-up to view full size. Check out these video revisions to Carlisle 2010, right here. More will soon be on the way!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

...and setting the Way-Back Machine to 2011, here's pix and flix from Carlisle for that year!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »