Carlisle 2019!

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Dick Koch

Re: Carlisle 2019!

Post by Dick Koch »

Now all you need is a sign for Carlisle stating "UNDER CONSTRUCTION".
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Ron Keij wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:19 pm
Faulkner wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:12 pm
I did! Here's the roll call so far for a room at the '59 Plymouth Motel:

Matthew (&Ron?)

Well, you out there! You're reading this. Why aren't you on the list?!?!
I haven't made up my mind yet, I want to come but don't know if I can. Marjo needs surgery, a hip replacemnt and possibly another hernia operation and I need to be home for her at least the week after surgery. But we have no time frame yet, she will go for an examination on February 20th and we hope to know more within a few weeks. If I can get away I will be there!!

Ron
I will be there!!!!!!!!!! Marjo had her hip surgery two weeks ago and everything went well, the severe pain is gone and she can do a lot of things herself already. It'll be a long way until she is completely recovered and she still has trouble with a hernia but so far we can't complain. She told me that I could go ahead and make the trip so I bought tickets yesterday. So exited to see everybody real soon!!

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Room 302 is ready, Ron! Also, needle nose pliers, screwdrivers, upholstery spray, etc., etc. :lol:
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Oh, Yeah. I can taste it now.

carlisle1.JPG
carlisle2.JPG
carlisle3.JPG
carlisle4.JPG
carlisle5.JPG

Tom Fox. Just Sayin'.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Dan, do l have to contact the hotel in Mechanicsburg.
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
GaryBitner

Post by GaryBitner »

Registered! Planning to drive the Belvy over from Youngstown Friday morning and hope to arrive in Carlisle about 2. Dan, can you hold a spot for me with the group on the Showfield? Thanks.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Dick, No need to contact them! We will check in when we get there.

Gary, awesome!!! We will see you there. We will have a spot for you
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
GaryBitner

Post by GaryBitner »

Excellent, thanks Matthew. What do you guys recommend for a nearby room for Friday and Saturday nights? Is Mechanicsburg still an option? I have cousins in Harrisburg as a very very last resort!
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

We need Dan on this one. Hope you can get into the 59 motel!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Dick Koch wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:40 am Dan, do l have to contact the hotel in Mechanicsburg.
Matthew said it right, Dick - you're confirmed, per the reservation I sent you. No need to notify, unless you want to change the dates you'll be there - you're confirmed for Thurs., Fri., and Saturday nights.

Other folks who booked through me, I have soft copy of your reservations, and I will be emailing them to you.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

GaryBitner wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:46 am Registered! Planning to drive the Belvy over from Youngstown Friday morning and hope to arrive in Carlisle about 2. Dan, can you hold a spot for me with the group on the Showfield? Thanks.
I've been trying to make my case with the Fairgrounds, that they need to reserve a special section for the '59's that are registered. Time for me to rattle their cage again - it will be an excellent promotion for them, to have '59 Plymouths lined up in a row. I'll let you know, Gary.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

GaryBitner wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:38 pm Excellent, thanks Matthew. What do you guys recommend for a nearby room for Friday and Saturday nights? Is Mechanicsburg still an option? I have cousins in Harrisburg as a very very last resort!
Gary, I will reach out to Manny Patel (Motel 6 operator) and see if I can get you a room. I can't guarantee the rate he gave us last winter, or even if he has a room - but I will try.
GaryBitner

Post by GaryBitner »

Thanks, Dan. I have a client event in Tampa Thursday morning and will be flying up to Pittsburgh later that afternoon. That's why I'll be a little late to the party. There are a few other motels in the area with rooms available, so I'll be able to find something if Mechanicsburg is booked. Will everyone drive their Plymouths to the motel at night or leave them on the Showfield? First timer here, so please pardon all the questions. Thanks.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

I’m not driving my Plymouth back but I’ll be driving the rental car back. You can leave it on the showfield and jump in with somebody but you can drive it back to the hotel
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Gary, there aren’t any more rooms available in the ‘59 Plymouth Motel 6. But why don’t you bunk with me? Every room has two double beds. The more ‘59’s we have in our convoy from Mechanicsburg to the Fairgrounds, the cooler the videos!