Carlisle 2019!

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
GaryBitner

Re: Carlisle 2019!

Post by GaryBitner »

And here's the link for show field registrations: https://store.carlisleevents.com/Produc ... e=2019-015
20 percent off $65 reg fee makes it $52.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Thanks for the update Gary! I think I'll go out on a limb, and sign up Martha as well as Faulkner. And don't forget that when you register, choose 59plymouth.net as your club! We stand a better chance of scoring some parking spots together.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Here I am at home, all alone while Mary Kay traipses around Ecuador with her daughter for Christmas, nursing a cold (and nursing a whiskey, while I'm at it), feeling sorry for myself... :cry: :cry: :cry:

But, thinking about Carlisle! And what a blast that will be. And just to keep myself busy during my time off, I've been working on the banner. Here's the 60 year old version, and my mock up:

59 plymouth banner.jpg
banner2.png

If the colors seem so much brighter on my mockup, that's because they actually were originally - I sampled the pixel values from the least-faded area of each color I could find, and used that in my palette. I did pattern matching on the font, and the closest I could find was "American Purpose Stripe 1" - for the most part it works, but I'm going to choose a different font for "'59" and "!", those aren't quite right. Still nibbling away at it, but you can see I'm getting close.

When I'm done, I'll post a "Scalable Vector Graphics" (.svg) file and a pdf version for the banner, which you can download to a usb stick and take or email to a printer - and you can make your own banner. The original was fabric, that's how I'll make mine too. I'll be sending further details on the straps.

Mark your calendars - and register for Carlisle! And when you register, remember to select "59PLYMOUTH.NET" as your club. I'll be knocking on your doors individually pretty soon. See you there!
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Dan, The digital mock up looks great! Such a cool item! wonder how many are still in existence. Seems like one of those things the dealers probably threw away at the end of the model year. I am waiting to hear back from HQMC about what my next set of orders will be. Should know where I am moving next and depending on op tempo and my leave dates "should" be able to swing some time to attend. I am planning some leave to go home and wrench on my Savoy in hopes of getting it ready for the trip...fingers crossed it all works out! :mrgreen:
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Folks, it's 2019 - the 60th Anniversary of the 1959 Plymouth. And 59plymouth.net will officially be celebrating at the Carlisle 2019 Chrysler Nationals. Will you be joining us?

Here is the registration page: https://store.carlisleevents.com/Produc ... e=2019-015

When you register, please select 59PLYMOUTH.NET as your club affiliation as highlighted below:

register.JPG

This will improve the prospects that we can designate an area on the showfield where we can all park together. And, I've reserved a block of ten rooms at the Motel 6 in Mechanicsburg - the unofficial "59 Plymouth" Motel. It would be great if we could convoy together between the hotel and the Carlisle Fairgrounds - here's an occasion where we did it with four '59 Plymouths, it makes for some great video!

I've tried as best as I could to negotiate a good group rate at the motel, here's what the proprietor told me:
Motel 6 wrote:Hi Dan, sorry for late reply from me because I was out of country. I will try to give you the same rate [a reference to the $110 I paid last year] , because the rates are higher but if I can’t honor the same rate then you don’t have to pay the regular price but I will try to give you somewhere $119.99 + tax. And once I book you room I will send you the confirmation numbers.
Well, that's the best I can do. I plan to notify them next weekend the final tally of how many rooms I am booking - so if you want me to reserver a room for you, let me know soon! And, let me know how many nights - I plan on booking my room for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. There's two queen size beds in each room, so if someone wants to split the cost of a room with me, I'm game.

M6_1.jpg
M6_2.jpg

I'm still fiddling with the windshield banner, but close to releasing a pdf soon.

jpg_banner.jpg

And there will be T-shirts!

Just Sayin'.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

I’m in!!!

I know Will is in too :lol:

Who’s gonna make it!? Come on people
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Matthew is right! You can put me down for a room! I'm going to register the Savoy for the car show. Hopefully this will motivate me to use up some leave and get some work done on it :D
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

In an attempt to "beat the bushes", I sent out a mass emailing to Forum members. Many of you received it, no doubt. I got a lot of bounces too, for folks who registered long ago and moved on - and to new email addresses, to boot.

But here's a bounce I particularly got a kick out of!
Sent: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 10:03 PM
To: Dan Morton
Subject: We are CLOSED effective July 31, 2016 Re: 60th Anniversary of the 1959 Plymouth - Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, PA

Thank you for contacting Get Bent Exhaust & Auto Repair Inc. After 12 years of excellent service, we have CLOSED our business.

Our landlord decided that to acquire our shop location for a marijuana growing facility, she has decided that we must either move or be extorted out of 3x the amount of our current rent to stay.

We decided to close our shop instead. Best of all, after we left... the marijuana shop decided that the building was so far gone and in total disrepair that they decided NOT to rent from her. So she lost out on both sides.

Guess that was the best outcome from her GREED.

Sincerely, Fat Lippy
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

LAST CALL FOR ROOMS AT THE '59 PLYMOUTH MOTEL

I'm to let the proprietor of the Motel 6 know tonight, how many rooms I intend to hold. Are you coming, or not?!? Sign up for the convoy from Mechanicsburg to the Carlisle Fairgrounds! :mrgreen:

Faulkner and Martha wanna know.
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dan; I can not reserve A room but may show up. We are having 2 bathrooms re-done at that time. My contractor said the later part of June and will be A couple of weeks. I will know when it gets closer. Will likely head down on Friday with the Plymouth and stay Saturday and Sunday. Right now I need to run off my contractors schedule. Don't book A room for me. Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Put me down for now. Did you get my email?
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Dick Koch wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:09 pm Put me down for now. Did you get my email?
I did! Here's the roll call so far for a room at the '59 Plymouth Motel:

Dan
Matthew (&Ron?)
John Quinn and Ricky MoPar
Will (& Kourtney?)
Dick and Yvonne Koch

And...

Well, you out there! You're reading this. Why aren't you on the list?!?!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Mark Merritt wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:16 pm Dan; I can not reserve A room but may show up. We are having 2 bathrooms re-done at that time. My contractor said the later part of June and will be A couple of weeks. I will know when it gets closer. Will likely head down on Friday with the Plymouth and stay Saturday and Sunday. Right now I need to run off my contractors schedule. Don't book A room for me. Mark
Understood, Mark. Hope you can make it - would love to meet you!
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Yippeeeee! Carlisle 2019 will be a blast!!!

John Q. :P :P :P
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Just checking to be sure! Carlisle is starting on the 11th.
What days are the rooms booked for?

I’m pretty sure I’ll arrive the 11th and so is William.
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”