Carlisle 2019!

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

Re: Carlisle 2019!

Post by Faulkner »

Be one of the FIRST to REGISTER!

Carlisle.jpg

Just Sayin'.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Who knows, there just might be more than one 1959 Plymouth at Carlisle next year. Just sayin!
Dick.
20180917_185212.jpg
20180917_185238.jpg
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Bought a new 16 ft. car hauler to haul my Convert to www.crusinthecoast.com in October. Then maybe Carlisle 2019. Renting one would cost half if what l paid for this one. I plan on renting it out when im not using it.
Dick
20180918_132808.jpg
20180918_132914.jpg
20180918_132938.jpg
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG... Just back from the Amalfi Coast (got in a little after 1a ET, which is about what time I got up in Amalfi yesteday :o ) and saw this post. YESSSSS!! Do it Dick!

Take lotsa pix of Crusin' the Coast, and post them on the Forum. Then get ready for Carlisle 2019!

Just Sayin'!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Wow, home already, thought y'all would be gone longer. Bet you had a great time. Speaking of pictures, share some of your trip with us.
Dick.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

"We're Celebrating 2 Special Anniversaries in 2019!", says the email from Chrysler Carlisle Nationals.

What?!?

Are they going to completely gloss over the third and most important Anniversary, that of the 1959 Plymouth, the pinnacle achievement of Virgil Exner?!?

carlisle.JPG

I. Am. Just. Sayin'.
GaryBitner

Post by GaryBitner »

You: "No doubt you guys are planning a follow-up email flyer that also focuses on the 60th anniversary of the 1959 Plymouth, the pinnacle achievement of Virgil Exner."
Them: Ummm, yes of course we are. You'll be getting it soon. It's all part of our plan."
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Why didn't I think of this before?!? As a public relations expert, Gary, you are eminently well suited to be the official spokesperson for '59Plymouth.Net. I hereby confer such title upon you, with all the rights and privileges pertaining thereto.

:D
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Hey Gary, as our Public Relations Spokesperson, you're supposed to be all over this! But no worries, I've got you covered...

Carlisle1.JPG
Carlisle2.JPG

What do you think about your car being a featured vehicle, Dick? You can sign up right here. Just sayin'.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Would be nice but the only one close to original is Greenie. Paint is original but very, very thin. Interior upholstery and carpet has been redone, clear plastic seat covers are new. Survivor maybe but not original.
Dick
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Dick, there are two categories on that announcement - Survivors, and "Feature My MoPar". About the second, if you go to the link it says:
Carlisle Promotions wrote:Featured vehicle displays showcase vehicles ranging from classic restorations to full-blown customs and are sometimes part of a special theme or anniversary celebration [italics mine].

If you would like to have your vehicle considered, complete this form and submit the requested items. Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified if approved. Approval response time varies but is generally no less than six weeks prior to the event.
Your Belvedere convertible is particularly representative of our anniversary celebration! I def think you ought to submit it.

If you're coming, that is. Just sayin'.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Yes the convertible is the one l want to bring but l also want to park with youse guys and be by my car. Otherwise like a concours l would be by myself all day.
Dick
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

OK! Working on getting us a block of reserved parking spaces, based on the number of '59 registrations. Stay tuned!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Gary asked me to post this as his Assistant Public Relations Spokesperson. How'm I doin', Gary?

Capture.JPG

Just Sayin'.
GaryBitner

Post by GaryBitner »

Sweet deal, a $25 event pass for $20. Thanks for posting, Dan! Here's a link: https://ww2.blinkcloudservices.com/Live ... ID=Tickets